• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Unusual Noise when Clutch out.

Right new noise has developed...........When im sitting in neutral with clutch out, theres is a unusual whirring noise from engine bay, yet when i dip the clutch in it goes. it maybe making the noise when in gear at speed but cant hear it over the engine. only started doing it today :(

Any ideas please?

Probably unlikely it's the clutch release bearing if it were changed not long ago. The gearbox in the CTR is quite noisy and a faint rumble can sometimes be transmitted through the vehicle on higher mileage boxes.

Mine does it also, 38k miles and suspected the clutch release bearing. It gets louder as I free-wheel in 3rd and 4th mainly. I think I'll wait till service at 40k to get it sorted.

Mine does it too. TBH, I think most Honda's I've owned have done it, but I'vr never bothered repairing it until the clutch died.
That said though, my EP3 came with 3 years warranty, so may get them to replace it, as it does cover clutch / components!

No warranty haha.......slight oil leak too, ** just have to get a clutch kit fitted asap. Doubt ** go to a honda garage ***, guessing just the labour will cost more than the clutch itself.
Thanks.

Hmmmmmmmmmm. This could be something mine's needs doing also

Thinking20Man.jpg

Back