• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Upgrade clutch and flywheel?

Hi

Having a lsd fitted in a couple of weeks so makes sense to change the clutch, is it worth upgrading the clutch to a stage1 and an even lighter flywheel as i have a facelift ep3 type r? What are the advantages/disadvantages if i do upgrade?

Any help appreciated :)

Unless you're running forced induction or some serious N/A power the OEM clutch will be fine. I've always found uprated clutches to have a horrible 'feel'.

The lighter flywheel is with going for but it will change how the car behaives. For instance, your engine braking will be more noticeable & it's also easier to stall. The positive is the acceleration improvement and MPG under load. Basically you'll be getting through your rev range faster. Worth it IMO.

Cheers for the advice fella, i have got a few mods nothing major, ie exhaust/induction kit and may get it kpro'd but thats it, prob take it to 250bhp as its a jdm facelift, so goin off your advice ill prob just go for the oem exidy clutch and the lighter flywheel :)

thanks wayne

Back