• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Upgrade Headlight/Sidelight Bulbs

Looking to upgrade my headlight & sidelight bulbs, i did buy ultima 120% for my EP3 about 18months ago they lasted till about a week ago and were pretty crap anyway. Sidelights i just got some cheap really white xenons.

So just wondered what Upgraded Headlight/Sidelight bulbs you have? Post a picture too if you can. (preferably on EP3 so i can picture what mine would look like)

Although i love the look of them I'm not interested in HID's as i cant be dealing with mot failures or looking for a dodgy mot place to let them slip through.

HID's aren't illegal in the UK.
I use HID 6000k and W5W Phillips side lights. More of an OEM look. LED side light bulbs look pants in my opinion.
Only photo I have is setting the beam height about 2 years ago.
659d5f527a08c86a450244fcaccc46b9.jpg

Really? I was always under the impression that they are legal, but a mot failure unless you have the washers and light level thing?

Yeh led side light, the ones ive seen look cheap and tacky. Interior led looks decent though.

If you do not have self leveling headlamps and headlamp washers fitted to your UK registered car then HID's are illegal to fit. Most MOT stations will not bother too much though, especially a facelift EP3 with it's projector headlamps.

Cool thanks, thought so. Not worth the risk or hasstle for me.

Suggest any decent headlight bulbs?

Decent as in real bright, white/modern looking

That's what I have in mine, they seem to do the job! I also couldn't be bothered with the hassle, they don't make the car go faster haha!

Cool thanks man. Yeh be a pain if they fail you on em, just for hid bulbs. They do look good though. Cool ill check out these osrams.

Im after a nice white look with good coverage too. My ultimas were crap. My ultimas just blew last week so got some standard cheap ones in for now and there much better (brighter and more coverage) but real yellowy.

That's what I have in mine, they seem to do the job! I also couldn't be bothered with the hassle, they don't make the car go faster haha!

Got some of those waiting for mine to, just wanted something to pair with the whiter sidelights as it looks weird with a yellowy dipped beam.

I'm confused I have a pre face lift with h4 bulbs but all the hid kits if find are saying bulb fitment is h1 but h1 does not have high and low beam or am I missing something

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Personality if I had a preface lift I wouldn't fit hids as the light scatters in the lens and looks crap. They are more suited to a projector type lens.

what kind of bulbs should I look for I had night breakers in the golf and didn't think much of them

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Any tips on fitting the headlight bulbs?
The passenger side one looks reasonably OK to change but the drivers side one looks a tw*t with the washer bottle in the way. Is it still doable without removing bumper etc as long as patience is used?

Iam staying oem look like some others.
Osram ultra life 501's for the sidelights and Osram nighbreaker H1 for the headlights. Will wait until weather warms up to protect my poor hands first though :lol:

Headlight/Sidelight bulbs are both easy enough to fit, nothing needs removing or taking out, just a bit fiddly, dont rush and dont do it in the dark and you should be sound, use a bit of common when fitting them.

Anyone else got suggestions for headlight bulbs/sidelight bulbs to buy for a good upgrade from standard cheapy bulbs to nice crisp white bright ones. Just seeing what people have as i said, i bought ultimas with the expectation of nice bright white and they were no good.

Hey guys,

I'm too lazy to check so I'll ask you guys :lol: Is the dipped beam and full beam in one bulb in EP3's or are they seperate bulbs?

If so, which bulbs do you recommend?

Seperate on facelift, dont know about pre. Im sure your not that lazy that you havent read this thread but just incase, the majority on this thread have recommended osram's.

Cheers mate, in which case is it H1 - fullbeam and H7 - dipped beam?

And yeah I saw the osram's but was just looking for another opinion :)

Back