• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Upgrades / Mods I am wanting to do... advice if its a good idea or not?

I would go for the SuperPro bush kit and make sure you get the one with the front control arm castor increase bushes, these make a huge difference.

Don't bother with any strut braces/tie bars these are just bling and don't actually do anything.

Spend the money on a proper geometry setup, somewhere like Centre of Gravity or areamotorsport who have very accurate kit that will actually make your car handle better.

Get the best tyres you can afford as well, people always overlook this and it's the most important part of the car, if you've got sh1t tyres on then nothing you do will make it handle better.

Lighter wheels & brakes will reduce unsprung mass and make a huge difference to how nimble the car will feel, a set of roll centre adjusters will make the turn in super sharp if you want to go that far.

Plenty of stuff that will aid better handling but there's also lot's of crap available that doesn't actually do anything so chose wisely!:)

Great reply and thanks for the information... I have to admit I am a bit lost every posting this one now as I am unsure what to do or where to put my money.

Keeping in mind that I use this Car day to day and I don't wana go crazy on spending as I wana change it the year after next anyway... What would you choose for the first 3 handling mods to do? My car is standard other than brakes pretty much so wondering what you would do for your first 3 steps giving the money & day to day points added.

Cheeky I know but defo interested! :D

Bush kit, lowering springs, rear camber arms, front camber bolts and full 4 wheel geometry setup at a professional place like already mentioned.

Bush kit, lowering springs, rear camber arms, front camber bolts and full 4 wheel geometry setup at a professional place like already mentioned.

Anywhere in South Wales that do the 4 wheel geometry setup that anyone knows of or anywhere near it England wise?

Not sure about South Wales mate, there aren't any places that spring to mind. Take a day trip along the M4 and go to TGM, they're in Fleet.

Not sure about South Wales mate, there aren't any places that spring to mind. Take a day trip along the M4 and go to TGM, they're in Fleet.

Thanks, ill have a look. I am wondering if Indigo GT do it but they normally play with Evo's. Shall have a look about thanks again for the advice I know what to aim for now!

Thanks, ill have a look. I am wondering if Indigo GT do it but they normally play with Evo's. Shall have a look about thanks again for the advice I know what to aim for now!

Indigo GT have a good rep with Evo's mate, they should be able to sort you out if it's close to you.:cool:

Indigo GT have a good rep with Evo's mate, they should be able to sort you out if it's close to you.:cool:

Yeah I have been there a couple of times with friends and their Evo's and they have recently moved. They are pretty damn awesome with what they do, so ill see what they can do for me too.

Thanks for all the advice given me some direction for my money. Can I ask what Camber front & rear kits would you go for? Any links or sites you suggest!

Front camber bolts are just generic ones, they aren't much money. Buy Eibach SPC rear ones. :)

All sounds good... Not much experience on the boards I don't think, with the Tanabe Strut, or S2 Springs - but they're sound brands by most accounts. If possible, try and go for Eibach rear arms as opposed to D2's; there have been more than one horror story concerning their rear arms and a quite a few horror stories regarding the quality of their parts. Otherwise, that's good going mate :)

All sounds good... Not much experience on the boards I don't think, with the Tanabe Strut, or S2 Springs - but they're sound brands by most accounts. If possible, try and go for Eibach rear arms as opposed to D2's; there have been more than one horror story concerning their rear arms and a quite a few horror stories regarding the quality of their parts. Otherwise, that's good going mate :)

Ah thanks I have seen some of the Eibach ones...ill look into the price of them compared to the D2 or maybe the Buddy Club range! Thank you. Anyone else agree!?!?!?

may or may not be the case with the D2's but I've had mine on for nearly 3 years and they still ok. I did coat them with a couple of layers of Collinite before they went on though and clean them when I clean the wheels so corrosion is kept at bay. They were much cheaper than the Eibachs.

I have emailed FunkyPower.com to price up SPC ones instead for the Rears now. Reading some more of the D2 also I am not all that keen!! I noticed you mentioned the SPC Rear Camber Kit before which EightSpeed sell so shall see what I can get them for from FunkyPower as part of the package deal I am getting from them at the end of the month.

Drive down the M4 and get all the parts and it all fitted at TGM.

I have a friend fitting everything for me for free so I can't fault that price... even the Bush Kit! haha ;) Good friends got to love them!

Do the Buddy Club Roll centre adjusters make a big difference? I've already got Eibach, FRSU with camber arms/bolts and superpro caster correction.

Would I need my FRSU setting up again if I got my mate to fit them?

Back