• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Upgrading the Brakes!

Can anyone tell me how upgrading my brakes will effect the insurance?

I am thinking of upgrading the front or at least the discs, hoses and fluid.

Gaz

Any examples would be appreciated!

:)

Depends on your insurance company, I'm with Greenlight and they dont mind any brake upgrades, no increase in premium and a £25 admin charge to add them to an existing policy :D

Wouldn't bother telling them tbh.

And as far as discs go - the standard OEM ones are very good

When I fitted my Stoptech kit to my CTR I told the insurance (Direct Line). They weren't bothered one bit. They said as long as it wasn't a modification to engine my policy would go unaffected.

I thought the standard ones were pretty good until the other nite when the dc5 4 pots showed me otherwise :(

^^ Apparantly not mate - thats the route I was gonna go.

So your talking a serious bit of cash to upgrade to some decent 4 pots

Are they easy to obtain & fot to EP3's?

NO!

We (GPR) have spent a long time putting together a Brembo kit. Speak to TOM @ TGM Motorsport if you want to know availability and prices.

DC5 Brembo's won't go on the EP3 unless you change the wheel hubs, pain in the ass. Better off getting a Stoptech kit or something from J's racing in all honesty, the Brembo's on the DC5 are good, but they lack initial bite and feel, hence I'm upgrading mine.

Back