• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

uprated gearbox mounts

I have just bought a dc2 with what feels like solid gearbox mounts on it. Gear changes are very nice but there is a serious amount of vibration coming into the cabin. When clutch is in, vibration cuts out altogether. Is this just a case of putting stock gearbox mounts back on?

Cheers, Chris

Ok pretty sure the gearbox is fine as the car shakes just as much out of gear as it does in and the changes are very clean and smooth. What I meant about the clutch is when coming to a stop and I press the clutch in.

I also know for a fact it has updated engine and gearbox mounts on it. They are just too hard for the road.

Ive got to the bottom of this.

The car has Avid racing uprated torque mounts fitted that are transfering all the vibration through the car. Will be replacing with stock mounts for the road so these will be up for sale soon. Great for track use.

As you said just change the engine mounts. Don't go OEM though there are other better options that carry less vibrations.

Back