• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Uprated lca surface rust!!! :-/

Hi guys/girls

Has this happened to anyone else? According to the manufacturer its acceptable for a £200+ part to get surface rust after 6months, as its classed as 'conditional' wear cause of the salty roads/condensation etc so isn't covered under traditional warranty lol what a load of b.......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 54
It's a sad fact of science and life, metal will rust when you spray it with salt.

Only way you'll stop it, is by treating it with some converter and get some wax on it. BiltHamber make very good products. Clear wax in an aerosol is my weapon of choice. Dynax-uc it's called. Great stuff, and allows you to give it a visual inspection without cleaning horrible brown **** off your car.

I know what firm it is. I wasn't impressed with the only product I bought from them. I won't be buying any other products from them because of it, not when there are other companies offering the same/better for less dough.

I initially thought it said 'BS' on the bolt head. Plenty of other manufacturers out there. :)

Regardless of coating or paint, I wouldn't put anything on the underside of my car without spraying wax. Rust is a cnu7, not just for structural reasons, but also getting into threads and making working on the car a nightmare.

The mad thing is the other side is perfect :-/ and i dont even use my car in the winter never mind the rain lol, i put it down to a problem at manufacturing side and the plate with the surface rust must not of got the appropriate zinc coating it should normally get, and they would not admit liability surley that part must cost peanuts to them, but still they will not replace :-( i should of just saved myself some money and gone oem, i won't buy anthing off them again probably.

Once bitten. Cheap manufacturing processes on premium priced parts. Jokers. Do they think people with £200 to spend on a simple peice of suspension are thick and don't talk to each other?

The mad thing is the other side is perfect :-/ and i dont even use my car in the winter never mind the rain lol, i put it down to a problem at manufacturing side and the plate with the surface rust must not of got the appropriate zinc coating it should normally get, and they would not admit liability surley that part must cost peanuts to them, but still they will not replace :-( i should of just saved myself some money and gone oem, i won't buy anthing off them again probably.
If it is zinc coated then it only takes a tiny scratch to break the surface protection and corrosion spreads like wild fire on iron.

It would be equally hard to proove that you hadn't broken the surface finish during installation as it would to proove it was damaged on manufacture or transit.

I don't think it's a case of proving beyond all reasonable doubt, I think s2 should have more respect for their customers.

AT least Tegiwa had the decency to admit problems with their LCA's suffering from galvanic corrosion and refund customers

Did they have the decency to inform their customers of which company they directly copied for those particular lca's?

I don't actually know if they did, I'm making a naughty joke. [/legalreasons]

(they probabaly did copy though)

They claim they are original design and manufactured here in the UK.
But they look very similar to some others on the market.
Funnily enough they only sell the skunk2 ones now

Back