• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Urgent help, immobiliser

Evening

i need a quick answer and hopefully some advice. Just got my ep3 back together after changing clutch, battery was off for over a month, now the car won't start. The fob works and engine turned over fine etc but no sign of firing at all.

the main question I have is can anyone tell me when they start their car do you see the key logo light up at all, if so what does it do when the ignition is on and what does it do when TurNing over and running etc?

i am not seeing the key light up at all on mine so I'm guessing the keys have lost memory

regards

Do you have K100/KPRO fitted? I know when I had mine mapped from TDI North the light no longer illuminated.

Already checked inertia switch and all ok. car does have a kpro fitted and installed by tdi north

Well as both of our lights don't illuminate, and I'm sure many others from tdi north don't, rules out an immobiliser issue.
Use KPRO manager or a code reader to see if there's any fault codes.

Well as both of our lights don't illuminate, and I'm sure many others from tdi north don't, rules out an immobiliser issue.
Use KPRO manager or a code reader to see if there's any fault codes.

Yeah thats at the plan for tonight, I have put the software on my laptop and plugged it in. When I plug it in it shows as online on the bottom left but ignition off even though it is on.

Do do you have any ideas why I won't let me in?

ive not used kmanaher before, normally leave it to tdi north to set up etc

I had a blown fuse once, the car turned but never fired up. Check your fuses underneath your stearing column. I have no idea why it blew and its never gone since.

Back