• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

urgent help needed, changing the headlight bulb on ep3 ctr

Hi all,

Firstly I'm not asking how to change the sidelight by going through the wheel arch as replies on other forums always end up talking about this lol.

I need to change both headlights bulbs, when I take out the connectors from under the bonnet I cannot remove the weatherproof seal to get access to the bulb as it says in the manual, I can feel the prong on the bulb but can't remove the bulb itself as the seal is in the way.

Is there a special technique? I pull on the tabs but it won't budge! I'm following the steps in the manual but having no joy so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Bronllwynboy

easy mate! once you have taken the lead out the back, pull the rubber thing off the car, its just a circle of rubber so slips over the bulb. then you will see a metal clip. push this in and slid it to the driver side of the car. Hey Presto!

reverse this to put bulb back in.

PM me if you need pics as I have some on my phone

Cheers, the problem is when I'm pulling it from the tabs it won't come out, is the a technique to it? The tab feels like its going to snap off when I pull it

Just tried and it seems like someone has butchered the clip when it was last changed so its booked into the garage. It's a bit of a silly design with the washer fluid filler in the way mind! Thanks a lot for the help though

I really struggled on the driver side as well mate, the space is far to small! the side lights are a joke! cant see how someone could mess that clip up!

I ended up taking the bumper off mine and the headlights out what a pain in the arse it was. I know what you mean the clip on mine was tight as f##k.

Bulbs are tricky but my hands are XXL and I manged to change both and sidelights with ease

Pro tip: hold bulb between index and middle fingers you get more reach

The problem was that someone had bent the clip previously and tried to put it back into position but did it the wrong way around. The garge fixed it no problem and I've had a look and all is in order now and it cost me £20 which I was really pleased with!

Thanks for all the replies by the way folks

easy mate! once you have taken the lead out the back, pull the rubber thing off the car, its just a circle of rubber so slips over the bulb. then you will see a metal clip. push this in and slid it to the driver side of the car. Hey Presto!

Hi D4n I have similar problem . However I have managed to take the bulb out but I cannot put the clamp back on. It doesn't lock anywhere? I am doing the drivers side at the moment

Cheers

JEFF

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Ep3 headlights

Hiya mate

Do you still have these pictures?

I spend ages trying to clip them back in
Seems impossible when you don't know how they lock back on.

Any help would be appreciated.:(

Thx

Is this any help to you?

[video=youtube;3bQtWuRcbek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bQtWuRcbek[/video]

I can always do the passenger side first try but the drivers side is a real PITA. Don't think it helps that the washer bottle tube thing is in the way.

Back