• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

urgent help needed , clutch related.....

alrite lads , mat here.... miss vtec`s other half. Posting on her behalf as shes a little upset bout the ep3.

anyway , earlier on as she was driving she heard a popping sound come from the engine bay , then the clutch just failed.
Now the car wont go into gear and the clutch pedal is loses feeling , theres no bite at all.

We are worried its gonna be maga expensive and a proper pain in the ass as now the soarer is off the road too due to a brake faliure.

what do you lot reckon has happened

cheers

mat

What induction kit are you running, anything that involves the fouling of the gears? Is there any burning smell from the clutch?

Clutch master cylinder?

Go and speak to Dave Povey in Hendy honda, Southampton, tell him I sent you :smt023

no burning smell mate. All i know bout the induction is its a cold air feed coming from the front bumper.....not a gruppe m or mugen style one.

as for getting around we are stuck in doors as both of our cars are fooked lol

I was just around So'ton but now back in Salisbury, would have had a nose around.

My suggestion would be to get it recovered to Hendy Honda in So'ton.

Sounds like the clutch has fallen to bits! Had something similar to this before on a Mitsu Mivec, when we took the clutch out we found the friction disc had litterally disentegrated!
Get it to a mech he'll sort it!

If it's the clutch cable you should be able to pull the stick into neutral and put it in gear with the engine off. I've driven home with a broken clutch cable on a Saxo, starting the car in gear at lights and matching revs to box speed to get into 2nd etc. not advisable but I needed to get home.

Popping from under the bay before it went does sound like something has disintegrated. If you're lucky it'll be the clutch, but in any circumstance it's speculation until a mechanic has a butchers.

If it's the clutch cable you should be able to pull the stick into neutral and put it in gear with the engine off. I've driven home with a broken clutch cable on a Saxo, starting the car in gear at lights and matching revs to box speed to get into 2nd etc. not advisable but I needed to get home.

The clutch is hydraulic. ;)

Back