• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

URGENT - Help needed !!!!

I know this is in the wrong section but please help. I have bought my mates K-Pro off him and am due to exchange on Thursday and get some dyno work done at CPL on Friday morning. I understand that I need to get keys re-coded but do I simply take both cars to dealer, swap ecu's and get the keys re-coded to the new ecu's. I have read elsewhere something about disabling the immobiliser function in my mates K-pro, sadly he doesn't have the software and I don't have a laptop, so can I simply exchange how I have said above.
Darren

if your having both keys recoded the immobiliser doesn't need to be disabled :)
so "take both cars to dealer, swap ecu's and get the keys re-coded to the new ecu's." is fine :lol:

cif you know a lil about kpro its very easy.

i basicly drove mine for a week with it disabled,

then booked myself in paided the £30 odd and then unticked disable immobiliser, checked it didnt start (wont) then left them to do there thing.

remeber thou u gota leave it parked in there workshop or just outside coz they cant turn it on and move it.

Back