• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

URGENT HELP NEEDED

I have just removed my center panels as I want to wrap them so everything was unplugged. Decided to plug in the heater controls and my new radio minus the center panel (just for a few days) but had an issue with my radio not working, so I put the old one back in (which was previously working fine) and that wont power on either now... Also my indicators have stopped working and the interior light no longer lights up when you open the door AND my central locking won't work, it flashes the 3 times but does not lock the doors/boot.

I have tried unplugging everything again and then re-plugging all the plugs in (minus the hazard) but still the same issues... and I noticed that one of the 2 bulbs in the heater control panel that were both on prior to me unplugging and re-plugging, the lower bulb is no longer lighting up.
I don't understand what I could of possibly done as its my understanding you have to remove all these plugs to change a head unit anyway...

Well I figured and sorted the problem, Thought I would leave the post up incase any useful information can be gained from it for others.

I checked all the fuses (in the drivers footwell and under the bonnet) and found a single blown culprit! It was the number 9 fuse which is a 10 amp and according to the layout it is 'refer to manual'
Swapped this fuse out for a spare and hey-presto! My car locks and unlocks from the fob and the interior light worked when opening the door etc. But the indicators still did not work... turns out you need the hazard switch plugged in for them to work! So I had been unknowingly driving about with no indicators for a day or two, It was only the fact my radio was no longer on that I could hear the lack of 'ticking' when using them!

Back