• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Urgent MOT light related ? 04 CTR

2004 CTR
Mot booked for 0830 tommorrow morning.
Just gone round checking all my lights are working and have noticed that the passenger main beam cats eye has an internal crack in it :shock: :shock: :evil: .

Would like to know if this will cause problems for mot as in screwing up the beam pattern?

Pics
DSCF2378.jpg

DSCF2379.jpg

DSCF2377.jpg

DSCF2376.jpg

Little update, been to the garage and had the beam checked and its fine so that has saved me a few quid.

God know how this has happened.

That pic is with standard bulbs (fitted for MOT).

Had the car just under a year and have had 6000k HIDS in it within a week of owning, the crack has appeared within the last week as it was not there when i last washed the car.

That pic is with standard bulbs (fitted for MOT).

Had the car just under a year and have had 6000k HIDS in it within a week of owning, the crack has appeared within the last week as it was not there when i last washed the car.

Could be the heat off the bulbs....

Cant see it being the hids heat as they run cooler than the standard bulbs.

I had only just switched the headlights on to check the standard bulbs where working when i noticed it so they would still be warming up.

Have noticed a few other people have ahd the same thing happen to them as well.

This seems to be more of a common problem than i thought. I had the same thing a few months ago when I was looking at my lights trying to figure out how to fit my HIDs. The crack was there before my HIDs so I've not idea how it happened but so long as it doesn't affect the MOT I'm not bothered.

Takes the p*ss doesn't it Chiffs!!

LOL

Have seen other pics of a cracked lens and it is all but at the same angel. From 11 oclock to 5 oclock. Strange that two lens have the crack in almost the same place. Must be a defect.

Passed MOT though which im happy about cause that would of been expensive.

Only need to replace a droplink on the rear as had an advisory, but going the whole hog and having a jdm rear arb while im at it.

Back