• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Used KPRO help

Ive bought a used kpro that is mapped to the same mods as i will be running once i get my JRSC fitted. Am i right in thinking this new ECU with the KPRO will be linked to the car it came off so will not work with my car ? What is required to get it working on my car?

I know to get the immobiliser working you need to take it Honda but will the car work if i install the new ECU with Kpro straight onto my car. Also will the tuners like TDI be able to sort the immobiliser out?

TIA, Dan

TDi-north have the kit to code ECUs to keys, so they'll be able to sort the immobilizer out.

The ECU isn't linked to the car, but to the keys. As above, sort the immobilizer out and it'll work. You never know the immobilizer may be disabled on the Kpro and it could just fire up straight away.

If TDi are fitting it however, just let them sort it out.

Bit about ECUs on their FAQ.
http://www.tdi-north.com/faqs

TDi-north have the kit to code ECUs to keys, so they'll be able to sort the immobilizer out.

The ECU isn't linked to the car, but to the keys. As above, sort the immobilizer out and it'll work. You never know the immobilizer may be disabled on the Kpro and it could just fire up straight away.

If TDi are fitting it however, just let them sort it out.

Bit about ECUs on their FAQ.
http://www.tdi-north.com/faqs

Thanks! Will take a look.

No the JRSC will be fitted by the guy I bought it off as he is a mechanic and has just removed it from his car. Hence the KPRO aswell and being mapped to the same mods as I've got.

What are my option then in term of the new ECU with KPRO? Do I need to get him to disable the immobiliser first before it fits it in my car. Can I not jus get someone to recode the keys to the ECU so the car can run etc then get TDI to sort the immobiliser or will the car not start then?

As you can tell I'm a noob on electrical stuff.....! :)

The key coding is the immobilizer. Honda might not do the coding as the ECU is a Hondata ECU.

If you have the option then yes get the immobilizer disabled in Kpro manager before the ECU swap.

The key coding is the immobilizer. Honda might not do the coding as the ECU is a Hondata ECU.

If you have the option then yes get the immobilizer disabled in Kpro manager before the ECU swap.

Ok will ask and see if he can do it. So am i right in thinking i need to get the keys coded to the car by honda or TDI prior to swapping with the stock ecu. I want to basically use the car once the jrsc is fitted, and ideally with the ecu it was all mapped to. So should i just use my stock ecu and when i go for dyno tuning get the new KPRO'D ecu coded to my keys so i can then run it?
Ive read online you can use a used kpro ecu aslong as immobiliser is disabled in kmanager but green key symbol will constantly flash until imobiliser is set to keys?

Ive read online you can use a used kpro ecu aslong as immobiliser is disabled in kmanager but green key symbol will constantly flash until imobiliser is set to keys?

That bit is exactly right.

The Kpro is a complete replacement ECU, your old ECU has to come out to fit it, so if the put the Kpro in your car with the immobiliser disabled it will start.

The other option you mentioned, running the car with the charger fitted on a stock ECU? No, I really wouldn't recommend that.

That bit is exactly right.

The Kpro is a complete replacement ECU, your old ECU has to come out to fit it, so if the put the Kpro in your car with the immobiliser disabled it will start.

The other option you mentioned, running the car with the charger fitted on a stock ECU? No, I really wouldn't recommend that.

Thanks the replies Loxy I'm slowly starting to understand this :)

So if the immobiliser has been disabled on KPRO ECU and I put it straight into my car it should start? I don't need to do anything else before hand. Don't need to get a mobile key mechanic etc to come and link the new ECU to keys.

Another Question. What are my options of the immobiliser hasn't been disabled on ECU? As the new KPRO is off his car now and effectively linked to no keys. Can I just connect it to Kmanager now it's off a car then check it has had immobiliser turned off?

i don't have a problem using the car with immobiliser off for a short time as it will be getting mapped soon anyway so TDI can then just set the immobiliser to my keys.

All I need to do is find the steps to allow the new KPRO ECU to work on my car, not too bothered short term about immobiliser aslong as it starts!

TIA, Danny

Can I just connect it to Kmanager now it's off a car then check it has had immobiliser turned off?

It needs to be in a car to be powered up and for you to change any options on it with kmanager, but essentially yes.

So if the immobiliser has been disabled on KPRO ECU and I put it straight into my car it should start? I don't need to do anything else before hand.

That is correct, but remember you are running someone else's map, made for their car and their mods. I'd worry less about having a car with no immobiliser and more that you are putting a charger on with a map that isn't done for your setup.

Personally I'd throw it all in the car and get TDi-north to fit and map. That way you avoid any issue with the Kpro, any issues getting the car to them on someone else's map and any issues with anything done wrong on fitting the charger. TDi will charge you time if they've got to sort issues when it goes in for mapping and they don't like it because they've got to pull people off other jobs to sort out a car that is tying up the dyno.

How much are you saving by having the seller fit it over what TDi would charge?

Back