• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

value of a car I saw today, opinions please

Im currently on the hunt for a milano red ep3 facelift and today went to a dealer to view one. I dont usually go dealer but they seem to have snapped up all the milano type r's in the south east :confused:

it was; 2005, 74000 miles, not a single dent could I find, but did have the sort of stone chipping you would expect to the front and bonnet for 74k

offside rear tyre was different, 3 bridgestone potenza's in good nick, one michelin, forget the type but looked brand new and of a sporty nature.

gearknob oddly scratched up, interior otherwise tidy.

main problem, the paintwork is beginning to slightly pink/oxidise in places, you can for instance if you look close spot a colour difference at the edge of the bonnet to the bumper, getting slightly lighter also on the wing mirrors and the roof.

the car had clearly been sat there for a long time, been reduced a good few times (cob web in one of the wheels etc) and dirt collecting imbetween panels and ****.

the price, dealer said minimum he would take is £5300

I have a dab hand at detailing, and believe it could be tidied up a lot without a lot of work, and would consider investing in a da if the paintwork would buff up well?

do you think this price is out from what Ive described? its currently the only red type r within a long old distance of me and with in budget, so its tempting, but it hasnt blown me away.

advice on a postcard please! :)

thanks, tom.

You won't be able to correct the paint fade by detailing it, you'd have to polish the lacquer off before getting a new layer of red paint.

Most red EP3's will be going pinkish now and owners can't do much to prevent it unless its been resprayed

I just bought a red ep3 (south east) :)

And it indeed has faded abit, I think that's what you have to expect for a red car

Here is mine after we DA it

27c3bcca.jpg

Darcy

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

nice darcy, that looks very tidy for a pre facelift. did using the da considerably improve it? or not much? also heard victoria concours red wax is prime choice for making the red look good

just realised, pre facelift isnt clearcoated so polishing will considerably help, not sure get the same effect on a facelift which has clearcoat

It didn't make much difference tbh mate,

It's only when you look at the plastic bits to the metal it looks faded but it's not to bad,

We just G8 then G10 then waxed it

Darcy

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Back