• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Valve Clearance Check

Yeah feels abit sluggish at the moment as its past 75k
Once I get it done I'll notice the difference when I'll drive back :)

How much do places charge

dont think mine has been done

is it rocker cover off so needs new gasket seals ?

How much do places charge

dont think mine has been done

is it rocker cover off so needs new gasket seals ?

Area Motorsports charge £55
I ordered new Rocker Cover Gasket from Tegiwa
Valve Clearance check should be done every 25k

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the Valve Clearance Check and Adjusted
2 of the Intake Manifold Valves were off slightly and 1 Exhaust Valve was slightly off
All sorted now and good response on the car
IMG-20151120-WA003.jpg

IMG-20151120-WA002.jpg

IMG-20151120-WA007.jpg

IMG-20151120-WA004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What benefits do the valve clearances provide? May be a silly question but I am a newbie with my first CTR

What benefits do the valve clearances provide? May be a silly question but I am a newbie with my first CTR

Valve Clearance Check should be done every 25 K
Its a good piece of mind to get them done
I notice the difference in mine ticking noise has gone and get nice smooth feeling on the car

Cheers guys, appreciated! Has anyone had this done at TGM? Don't think mine has had this done so will be doing this very soon..

We checked both my road and track car's clearances during the first service we gave them and have left them be as they were fine. Mine at the time was on 50k and the track car is on 137k :)

My car is currently at 93k, not noisy/ticky on idle as such but I don't think it has had the valve clearances done during its life hence why I may carry this out to stay on top of it.

Back