• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Valve clearence issue

Hey guys,

I've got my ep3 in for a service today with honda. Last night on the way home the engine managment light came on so i asked them to have a look.

There saying its missfirering on cyclinders 3 and 4 and needs a valve cleasence done and new spark plugs. Quoting £230 for the job.

Question is does this sound right and should the valve clearnce been done when it had its 50k service last year?

What sort of damage will it cause driving on a miss fire?

Any advice would be great cheers.

I thought you were getting rid of your car?

I would go to TGM seeing as you live close to them will be alot cheaper than honda.

What milage has it done? Valves should be checked and adjusted at big service time 25k IIRC and sparkpugs at 75k

I thought you were getting rid of your car?

I would go to TGM seeing as you live close to them will be alot cheaper than honda.

I was going to get rid of it but seeing as im having to spend a butt load of money on it plus the price of another car its starting to work out cheaper to keep hold of it for another year and see where im at next christmas.

Yeh i tried TGM but they cant see me till the 24th and honda could see me straight away. :(

What milage has it done? Valves should be checked and adjusted at big service time 25k IIRC and sparkpugs at 75k

Its in for its 62k service so a bit weird its playing up. Im trying to call TGM at the moment to see what they say about as i normally have my servicing done there.

Sounds like they might have done something when it's just out of the garage. Take it elsewhere and get some one to look at it. As you said, TGM sounds like your best bet, but rather somewhere you trust that's busy than a stealer that dont

Back