• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Very low idle speed

Hi can anyone help with this?

Every time I come up to stop like at traffic lights or a junction I dip the clutch and the revs drop so low the car almost stalls. I'm having to toe and heal to keep the revs up.

I'm sure this is something I've done because yesterday I removed the Oem cold air snorkel pipe that goes to the airbox. My intension was to replace it with a my own cold air feed from the grill which I did but removed soon after as the pipe was larger in diameter and was catching on the transmission stopping me from changing gear. So as of this morning I am back to standard but its now dropping revs like I said.

Is this likely to be a sensor I might have caught?

Someone told me it could be the ecu as the battery has been disconnected it would of been reset?? Not sure about this?

All I know is it ran perfect before, now it's nearly stalling

Please help:(

If you disconnected the battery then this is normal until the ECU learns the settings again.
I found it was a good idea to go for quick blast down the motorway , some half throttle and full throttle and then it should get better within a day or two.
The Honda manual says :

"With everything electrical turned off (radio, wipers, heat/ac, etc.) -
Start the car and hold the http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2962508# at 3,000 RPM until the radiator fan comes on.
Release the accelerator and let the car idle for five minutes. (not including the radiator fan run time) "

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your quick reply Nosman, I'm a bit new to forums and didn't think to search first, found e few threads about this and it all makes sense now. What you said was bang on cheers.

i have similar problem, at lights it goes for 400-500rpm, cleaning iacv help for 2weeks, after that i change iacv module and it is normal right now :)

Back