• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Very nasty CTR crash

Wow. Not wearing seat belts. Certainly there's one guy without a seat belt as there's only two in the back seats. I can't imagine how the driver ended up in the back though. There isn't all that much space between the roof and the front seats to squeeze through.

Tragic the man died on his mother's birthday.

A tragic end by all accounts but investigators will highlight the fact that an EP3 CTR is a 4 seater.

I can't believe people in this day and age still don't wear seatbelts!

I work in the operating theatres at my local hospital, so I see some nasty things and I can tell you now that the people who belt up always come off better.

We had a woman come down about two years ago, who had been in a car crash. She was driving and had three passengers (One in the front and two in the back). Everyone was wearing seatbelts for the duration of the journey. As she got within eyes view of her house, she took her belt off. She was then hit by a drunk driver. All of the passengers suffered a few minor bruises/whiplash. The woman who removed her belt, seconds before the end of the journey smashed her face on the steering wheel, fracturing her skull/facial bones in six places. Shards of metal/glass also flew into her eye which we later removed.

Always have fun in your motors, but do it carefully! And always wear a seatbelt, until you are parked up!

My 53 (Sept 03) had no warning sound either - I think it come online with the facelift.

I work in the operating theatres at my local hospital,
Just interested ?? Nurse? ODP?? Porter?? HCA??

Agrred .. i also work in theatres and watched a guy die in front of me the other week for crashing his vx220 with no seatblt on, and killed his missus to add to the toll of the crash

Remember always belt up!!

Just interested ?? Nurse? ODP?? Porter?? HCA??

Agrred .. i also work in theatres and watched a guy die in front of me the other week for crashing his vx220 with no seatblt on, and killed his missus to add to the toll of the crash

Remember always belt up!!

ODP

Hi everyone, just joined today.

I don't mean to sound insensitive and what happened to this young person was tragic but why was he not wearing a seatbelt, for God's sake?

Not only that but it tends to be young people who drive like pratts on the road, particularly when they have these sporty cars. I have no doubt he was trying to show off, was speeding excessively and lost control. Unfortunately, young sensible drivers have to suffer and pay the exorbitant insurance prices because of young tearaways like this.

Just recently, I was coming back from Clacton on the A133 and suddenly I noticed a white Jag in my mirrors storming past the row of traffic (I was the lead car) doing about 50mph. About 1/2 mile up the road, he'd crashed into another car and was on the side of the road. And low and behold, it was a couple of young blokes inside. I know it's callous to say this but I thought:

"Good, that's exactly what you stupid ba****** deserve"

BTW, that Type-R that crashed in Mellor looks like it may be a write-off....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back