• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

very Slight Grinding Noise

I hope,check the engine mounts also and driveshafts bearing!:smt039

Last edited by a moderator:
Car in Garage

Right lads well car is in the garage since tuesday prob wont have it back for another few days. When i dropped the car into the mecahanic i suggested the mainshaft bearings. I rang him today and he said he ordered all new berings for the gearbox would that include the mainshaft bearing like are they includied as bearings in the box??Sorry for the stupid question not a mechanic so not too sure! I just hope noise is sorted when i get it back Thnaks lads

Right lads well car is in the garage since tuesday prob wont have it back for another few days. When i dropped the car into the mecahanic i suggested the mainshaft bearings. I rang him today and he said he ordered all new berings for the gearbox would that include the mainshaft bearing like are they includied as bearings in the box??Sorry for the stupid question not a mechanic so not too sure! I just hope noise is sorted when i get it back Thnaks lads
Yes that include the mainshaft bearing too!Check the engine mounts also and driveshafts bearing..

Hi

I was told the same by my honda garage. They said they would change all bearings as it came as a kit. When that didn't fix the noise I questioned exactly what was in the kit. They said 7 bearings, 6 front 1 reverse.... so I suspect not the main driveshaft??

Yeah that what they said aswell 7 bearings aswell so dunno what to do!!should i give them a ring and let them know?

Hi

I was told the same by my honda garage. They said they would change all bearings as it came as a kit. When that didn't fix the noise I questioned exactly what was in the kit. They said 7 bearings, 6 front 1 reverse.... so I suspect not the main driveshaft??
12 bearings is complete kit,i have part numb.if you want..

12 bearings is complete kit i edit the post,I have not changed bearings yet I have not had time,and I waited for someone to change and see that they are really the cause of sound..

Hope So

yeah i hope they are on many sites people are saying its the mainshaft/input shaft bearings are the cause of the noise so i hope when repalced the noise will be gone!

yeah i hope they are on many sites people are saying its the mainshaft/input shaft bearings are the cause of the noise so i hope when repalced the noise will be gone!

You change all the bearings in gearbox(12)Or?Are you checked engine mounts and driveshaft bearing?

They are changing all the bearings in the gearbox because they said that was the cause if the problem so if it is still thier when i get it back they can keep it for another week or two till they sort it!thier problem

They are changing all the bearings in the gearbox because they said that was the cause if the problem so if it is still thier when i get it back they can keep it for another week or two till they sort it!thier problem

When the mechanic remove gearbox from the car be there,thats the only way to be sure that they change bearings!

Part numb.gearbox bearings 6mt:

91001-PPP-005(One bear..)

91002-PPP-003(One bear..)

91003-PPP-004(One bear..)

91004-PPP-004(One bear..)

91005-PPS-003(2 bear..)

91101-PPP-003(2 bear..)

91102-PPP-016(3 bear..)

91103-PNS-003(One bear..)

Back