• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 vibrating dash/drivers window

Just a few questions about my DC2....

It doesn't matter what speed I'm going or if I'm accelerating hard or not, I - 9 times out of 10 - have a loud "BD BD BD BD BD BD" sounding vibration from the centre of the dash.
I'm a diesel fitter by trade and used my vast knowledge + skill to devise a way to fix the problem.

- When the car is stationary and engine is off, i hit the dashboard with my hand....hard

- When the car is running and moving, i hit the dashboard with my hand...hard

Neither of these carefully constucted - you would think bullet proof - plans worked.

Also, whenever my drivers door window is fully down it rattles while in "the door"

Any ideas ??? :confused:

Ah, one more thing !!!

Where is the best place to get a Hanes Manual for my UK Spec DC2; or perhaps an alternative that some of you might think is better.

thankyou for reading this !!!

What sort of condition are your engine mounts in? May be a case that one or more is a bit tired.

Is there any sign of movement under the bonnet with the engine running etc...?

Back