• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Vibration around 2500rpm

I'm getting a touching exhaust type vibration that I am 99% sure isn't the exhaust. I've moved the exhaust by hand and it doesn't easily touch any part of the car. The back box is fairly close to the bumper but not close enough to cause a vibration. Would knock if anything.
The vibration is behind the driver's seat around the floor area. Any ideas of what it could be? I've checked the heatshield between the b pipe and floor, seems OK.

That's all in good order, it's definitely behind me. I can't think of anything else other than it should be the exhaust as it's the only thing behind me affected by engine revs. Could the vibration be up front but feel like it's behind me due to transfer down the exhaust?

Last edited by a moderator:
cat heat shields are known for disintegrating.

Had problems on 2 out of 3 ep3's with them, then again the third one did have a 421 mani on.

First one I put a large metal hose clamp round it to stop it vibrating it had rusted.

Second one I Just removed the lot.

My vote goes for removing the shield or going 421

There is also a heatsheild in the exhaust tunnel of the b pipe close to the back box, this caused a vibration on mine once I changed the exhaust even though visibly it wasnt touching.

Slight movement of the b pipe showed it would touch so I bent it over a bit out the way and alls been fine since.

Worth looking at.

Try your license plate too, mine started resonating yesterday, thought it was the bloody exhaust / heatshield again....

Thankfully this "nice" weather had loosened the foam tape on the rear license plate holder causing it to rattle slightly on the boot.

I just changed my plates recently :) I'm going to ask the missus to sit and hold it at 2.5k so I can find it. Definitely feels like the exhaust but giving it a good shake there is no contact

Did you find out the cause of this issue? I used new number plate holders recently and my plates are solid. Look on eBay for satin black ones. The look very good on the EP3.

I've got a 5zigen exhaust on, won't be changing it.

Attachments

• PhotoPictureResizer_190518_164714270-2662x1502-1996x1126.jpg
    PhotoPictureResizer_190518_164714270-2662x1502-1996x1126.jpg
    691.2 KB · Views: 11
Back