• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

vibration at 3000rpm

i recon the problem might be the tappets. as i have a sneaking feeling that the were not checked on the second service. so does any 1 have the exhaust and inlet valve clearance settings

cheers for any feed back

Rob

VtecRob said:
i recon the problem might be the tappets. as i have a sneaking feeling that the were not checked on the second service. so does any 1 have the exhaust and inlet valve clearance settings

cheers for any feed back

Rob

I had a really irritating metallic buzz at about 3-4K RPM. It turned out to be (believe it or not) a faulty gear selector cable.

well i had a word with a mate of mine who works at honda he says its pretty common and that its the heat shield that goes over the drive shaft.

yeah the plastic cover on mine rattles that why ive taken it off. I get very paranoid if i hear something which is not right even a slight rattle. Irritates the fcuk out of me.

its not the plastic one on top of the engine but a metal one at the back of the engine near the exhaust.

Back