• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Vibration/rumbling noise HELP

Hi everyone need some help here. I have a loud vibration/ rumbling noise on my FK2 from about 40mph that get seriously load around 70/80 and so on…
It’s unbearable at high speed, I can feel a slight vibration through the pedals but the noise is the worst.
I’ve just change the brake pads and rear discs. Wheel bearings are fine.

Have you tried swapping the wheels around to check it's not a buckled, damaged or very out of balance wheel, or even a bad tyre on the wheel?
If none of them maybe potentially a damaged/bent or imbalanced driveshaft

Then you'd be looking into alternatives like worn shocks or a loose part in the suspension or steering linkage.

However tire/wheel imbalance problems are normally found at speeds above 45 to 50 mph so I would say look into that first if you have not done the above already

Have you tried swapping the wheels around to check it's not a buckled, damaged or very out of balance wheel, or even a bad tyre on the wheel?
If none of them maybe potentially a damaged/bent or imbalanced driveshaft

Then you'd be looking into alternatives like worn shocks or a loose part in the suspension or steering linkage.

However tire/wheel imbalance problems are normally found at speeds above 45 to 50 mph so I would say look into that first if you have not done the above already

Cheers! ill take a look at the wheels/tyres today. I think it might be the tyres but we shall see.

Back