• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Voltage gauge

Dynax

The Babysitter
<-- Numpty here. And i dont want to mess something up :lol:

It has three wires, white; red; black.

Anyone point me in the right direction for how to fit it as the instructions have confused me.

Im guessing black is the earth, so any point behind the dash thats metal.

Guessing red would be positive, so splice into the cig lighter? (The instructions said connect it to the battery? :? )

And white would be for the signal, so surely this would go the same place as the red wire? as its only reading voltage?

That sounds about right to me, although it is more accurate if you get the voltage signal directly from the battery.

The wire i have wont go anywhere near my battery though? :lol:

Or could red be ignition according to autodials website?

Q What are the different colour wires for ?
A Generally the wiring is Red -ignition, Black - ground, Green - sender/signal, Orange & White - battery +

Im confused :lol:

Dynax said:
The wire i have wont go anywhere near my battery though? :lol:

Or could red be ignition according to autodials website?

Q What are the different colour wires for ?
A Generally the wiring is Red -ignition, Black - ground, Green - sender/signal, Orange & White - battery +

Im confused :lol:

You have answered your own question mate, red for ignition, black for ground and white for the battery.

Ok so my last question would be....

Battery wire...Does it have to goto the battery? Or can i splice it into something like the cigarette lighter?

And for ignition...where do i connect this? Dont fancy cutting my ignition up :oops:

Dynax said:
Ok so my last question would be....

Battery wire...Does it have to goto the battery? Or can i splice it into something like the cigarette lighter?

And for ignition...where do i connect this? Dont fancy cutting my ignition up :oops:

Thats two questions :p

It doesn't have t go to the battery, back of the cigarette lighter is fine. For the ignition just connect it to anything that comes on with the ignition, like the cigarette lighter. Both can be connected to the same place, without any problems.

Woop, off i go to wire my swoosh gauge....only bought it because it does a sweep on ignition :lol: :lol:

White is probably the switched supply from the lights on this gauge.

You do want to be able to see them at night dont you. :wink:

Surprisingly easy, was in and working in 5 minutes :woot:

Hardest thing is making it stay on the dash as it didnt come with a stand, and the one ive ordered hasnt arrived yet :mad:

Back