• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

VRX's Honda Civic Type R EP3

Made some video's today:

[video=youtube;VqzAKYmCklk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqzAKYmCklk[/video]

[video=youtube;5eBVNGwixs0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBVNGwixs0[/video]

Thats on of the very few EP3s i've heard that doesn't sound fart canny. Sounds awesome! Pre facelift red looks very mean and somehow strangely modern I think also.

I've been looking into rota grids for my ep. i want to get 17x8.5. offset, +22? I've never really done much rim shopping. i do more lighting/maintenance...help!! i believe i'm on 17x8s right now? my tire size is 215/45/17 currently. i got the car with these random wheels and i never got around to figuring out the size and such of the rim. I really like wide rims, but i can't deal with rubbing and all since i commute a lot with the ep everyday...I just want wheels that won't rub and be flush with the fender. i'm currently lowered on tein springs, but going on coils soon.

18x9.5 +30 rear 215 35 18 tire
18x8.5 +35 front 205 35 18 tire

ah i totally missed this. holy..no rubbing?? i would love to just thug life it and go 9.5 but I drive kinda crazy and a lot...so i know im going to hurt my bby ep. Also, LA pavement, is not rim/car friendly. i'm thinking 7.5-8.5 and not stretching my tires too much. ooo i think i said it already but my tire size right now 215/45/17. sorry i never bothered to check my rims to see size/offset..everytime i take it off i forget cuz i'm busy doin somethin elsee....:confused:

My OZ's are 18x8 +35 with a 215/35 tire. It's nice and flush in the front, but tucks too much in the rear due to the natural camber a EP gets when lowering. With a 15mm spacer it should be perfectly flush in the rear as well...

17x8.5 +22 will be very nice! Not too agressive, however you will need a little bit of stretch! If you don't want to lower/stretch too much, go with 17x8 +30'ish...

i'm a fan of that natural camber :p like in that picture of yours!! I eventually want my ep to have that stance. fat tires stretched/lowered with that slight camber in the rear. :twisted: those rota grids and te37s on your car looked very nice :smt005

so you don't think the 17x8.5s +22 will rub? and that was for the rear, yes? if so, i was thinking of that and 7.5s in the front? hrmm what's your opinion on spacers? i hear they're not recommended too much...i have a friend runs a tire shop and said that they're no bueno....i forget why...

also, i don't mind a little stretch and lowering :twisted: i'm pretty sure it'll withstand the driving.
I'm planning on getting a set of ez street megan racing coilovers when i get the rims. they're not too stiff so shouldn't be too much pressure on my mildly stretched tires :D

thanks for the advice!! i hope you don't mind the questions. I'm sure i'll get the idea when it becomes crunch time. i feel like it's one of those things where much experience is needed. T___T

I don't mind the questions at all ;) we're all car enthousiasts here! I wouldn't be on forums if i wasn't willing to help others!

I have a great example here:
Wheel size is 17x8 +35 front 17x9 +23 rear
Keep in mind that he does have a decent amount of stretch to make it fit ;) you will also need to roll your rears and remove the mudguard between the front wheels and the engine bay...

PhotoGrid_1360782697125_zpsd72bb4ee.jpg

PhotoGrid_1360782676385_zps3c22a9a9.jpg

IMG_20130215_160716_0_zps988e601e.jpg

" Hey! real nice Ep3 mate.. Ive seen a few of your vid's on youtube :lol:.. without a doubt a real nice set up your rolling there! "

I'd say it looks tidy on the Oz's but it all comes down to owner & choice of styling with rims... id defo drop a set of those black OZ's on my NHB-Ep3 ***

Did having 18's changing the handling or performance on your ride compared to a 17..? im torn between 18's or 17's.

" Hey! real nice Ep3 mate.. Ive seen a few of your vid's on youtube :lol:.. without a doubt a real nice set up your rolling there! "

I'd say it looks tidy on the Oz's but it all comes down to owner & choice of styling with rims... id defo drop a set of those black OZ's on my NHB-Ep3 ***

Did having 18's changing the handling or performance on your ride compared to a 17..? im torn between 18's or 17's.

I've actually never driven with 17's...
However, my friend who's an instructor at a racedriving-school is totally in love with the handeling of my car. If 17's would make it handle even better, it would be out of this world...
If you like the look of 18's, i'd say go for it! It does make the ride quite harsh due to the lower profile tire, but i can live with it so i'm sure you can as well ^^

Phhfffwwooooaarrr the pics of it on track from the rear, in love !

Thanks mate!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back