• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

-vtec at what rpm.

Evening everyone, im sorry if this has been covered before, but i couldnt find the thread, im just trying to find out when the vtec kicks in, and how will i know. Sorry if thats sounds stupid but this is a new car for me, and i was on the motorway coming home before and its the first time i have taken the revs over 6000rpm, but to be honest nothing felt different.

Thanks Carl.

Also you need to be on wide open throttle for it to be engaged (foot to the floor)

Also you need to be on wide open throttle for it to be engaged (foot to the floor)

Not necessarily bud.
Works on MAP.
There's a VTEC window.

WOT it'll engage at 5800/6000rpm (whatever it is), that's the minimum.

If your not WOT, it'll engage a bit later.

Sure, there's a vtec window but you'll not notice the 'kick' on a standard map unless on WOT (was trying to put it in basic wording :lol: )

There's extensive threads on here about mapping and it doesn't come cheap on these cars (as it would with a turbo for example)

Get used to the car and its characteristics first and decide what you want from it. Is it standard ? If you want more noise start with a decent air induction kit and go from there.

Cheers Dotty, yes its standard and runs fine, just thought id ask the question. Thanks for the advice.

Back