• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

vtec help

2nd I'd say.

It's an audible changeover, you might not 'feel' it if it has been mapped as the aftermarket maps smooth out the changeover which is artificially emphasised by honda to re-create the changeover feeling you got from the old b-series lumps. Mapped k20s generally hit vtec much earlier too, around the 4000rpm mark usually.

You should know when it's changed over, it goes from a semi-civilised sound to an angry wasp on steroids.

i think its std not mapped no air filters etc etc, will take it back out later and give it a boot full and see ..thanks for the info hazz.........

You should have a vtec light on the right hand side of the dash next to the speedo when vtec is engaged aswell, standerd vtec should come in at 5650-850ish cant remember exactly. You should definitely feel and hear when your car hits vtec(should have a kind of bark) if not check your oil is ok cause if its to low you will not get any vtec also make sure your car is up to temp before going into vtec aswell:p

car sounds different after 6000rpm not able to really feel any more power just pulls the same.oil is just 1-2 mm under max ,I've ordered fs 5w40 oil and hamp oil filter got a long ram induction kit coming this week ..

Back