• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Vtec kicking in

Okay guys need some advice, my car has lots of mods skunk2 ultra series inlet manifold, skunk2 throttle body 70mm, rdx 410cc injectors, solid fab full system from manifold injen cai kpro mapped by romain on way home today this happened: vtec on full throttle kicks in at 3900.
On way home giving it some stick on motorway all was fine then came off usual junction and was doing about 90 round the off round and I noticed the vtec kicked in late, then was fine on the dual carriageway then when I came off at light put my foot down in 1st and it kicked in a little bit then kicked in hard at 5 late again. Then did the same again in 2nd.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Have you checked the oil level and was the car warmed up properly?

+1 for oil level.

Also with the iVTEC system it won't engage at the same revs if you're not using a certain percentage throttle.

Back