• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

vtec Killer?

Hi,

I stumbled across a page on another forum, and they said you can get a lot of power gains from vtec killer? What exactly is this? Something about K20 A2 CAMS being locked in the high cam?

Anyone shed any light on this?

Cheers

Race car/extreme use only, would be a waste on a normal road car.

Race car/extreme use only, would be a waste on a normal road car.

What Chris said and you are right, locked cam.

So basically always on VTEC, meaning it can run like a dog at low revs so tickover is often raised to compensate. Think around 2,000rpm.

Very much overkill on a road car.

You can get plenty of aggressive cams for the K20 that retain VTEC and if properly mapped give good results, smooth crossover and retain the ability to use the car in traffic as a daily.

I would imagine that you'd need some serious head work to make full use of them as well.

I seen on another forum, some guy said it can give you aprox 50bhp, for less than £200? I do alot of town driving so probably not the best idea for me.

Yeah? Oh cool. I'll have to get some of them bad boys then wont I.

On a serious note though, what sort of power gains do people usually see from this?

Can you not gain 50bhp with normal upgraded cams?

I doubt you would gain 50 but this is what I would do. Also you would gain more acceleration by changing your final drive.

If I ever get enough money to go back down the DC5 route that's what I would do.

Back