• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Vtec light......hmmmmm!

Right, I decided to go ahead and fit a vtec l.e.d. to the EP3, got the tools ready and everything, but, just as I was about to get stuck in, a little l.e.d. of my own went off inside my head. This was then followed by a thought, which was... "why do I need an l.e.d. telling me the vtec's kicked in?! Because when driving, the sudden change in engine note, the harder im pressed into my seat and the fact that other cars seem to be getting closer and closer till they're then in my rear view mirror tells me that the vtec's kicked in! Just wondered if doing this is purely for a cool looking addition or is there another reason behind the idea? :confused:

It's a bit chavvy imo mate, I'd stay away from gimmicks like this. I know the fd2 has a crevice indicator but this doesn't make it right :wink:

edit: damn predictive put crevice instead of vtec :lol: I would change it back but it now stands as a warning :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally pointless, the FN2 comes with one from the factory but luckily it can be switch off.

FD2 incorporates it with shift lights...although in all my time of ownership I don't actually ever recall taking any notice of them.

Pointless but wouldnt complain if i had one fitted, would never bother though

Id rather have that thing where your speedo dials illumination changes colour when VTEC kicks in br0

Good point HazztheJazz, never thought of that! But they must also have no feeling either

depends if you're talking vtec light or shift light... I assumed you meant shift light as what possible use is a light telling you you're in vtec?

Yeah you did right not to fit the gay light...........whats the point in it, Im going to wire an air horn to mine, so when i hit vtec hooooooooooooooooooonnk:lol:, just so me and everyone else knows im in vtec:smt042

If any light is needed, then it's a shift light, but you'd only need on of those for track use.

If any light is needed, then it's a shift light, but you'd only need on of those for track use.

Really Tone? I personally think if you're in tune with your car you know when it's best to shift.
The 182 had one & I never once used it.

Really Tone? I personally think if you're in tune with your car you know when it's best to shift.
The 182 had one & I never once used it.

Oh I agree, I'm just saying that a shift light is the only comprehendible reason why you would want any kind of light like this. A VTEC light is completely pointless, at least a shift light serves a purpose.

last thing you want whilst bombing along in VTEC is a silly light shining in your face.

Giving it thought, id like a 'poo driver indicator' alerting me of a crap/inexperienced/old/chav drivers, but it would be on constantly from round here!!

Back