• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

vtec

in a type r, you would feel when it kicks in. in an ep2 you wouldn't really feel it, but could tell with an indicator/light

in a type r, you would feel when it kicks in. in an ep2 you wouldn't really feel it, but could tell with an indicator/light
never driven one before , just put new engine in it, its an ep3 what do you feel when it kicks in and when is it sposed to kick in

just under 6000 if I remember correctly. and you will feel a point were your slightly pushed back. but tbh, if its a new engine, I would avoid for a while. until its worn in...!

Don't flatten your foot to get it. Accelerate slowly to 6000rpm and listen for a change in engine note. Then let off and you'll here the engine note die back down as the revs drop. It's a sort of induction/buzzing noise in the K-Series.

thanks, its not a new engine , its a replacement used one after the shells spun on last one, ill try it tomorow thanks everyone

Lastweek my vtec wasn't kicking in had it in the garage, first things they checked was oil, cam sensor, vtec solenoid, then doubled checked all the timing of the chain etc.

It turned out to be the vtec solenoid but obv you're is a different situation but just an idea what to look at.

Ctro troll I am beginning to think
dont know what a ctro troll is and know its not the dipstick, i inherited the ****ing car so im not creaming myself about them just know somethings not right,

hi to the guy that had his car checked over, thanks, is there any reason imnot in the same situation as vtec not working, p.s engine was well up to temperature and plenty of oil

dont know what a ctro troll is and know its not the dipstick, i inherited the ****ing car so im not creaming myself about them just know somethings not right,

hi to the guy that had his car checked over, thanks, is there any reason imnot in the same situation as vtec not working, p.s engine was well up to temperature and plenty of oil

What do you mean 'you know it's not the dipstick'? Maybe you should take it to a garage to have it looked at if you can't find the solution here and then you could share your results with everyone :)

You'll need a diagnostics to read fault codes. OBD II I think EP3 is. Is your car a UK EP3 and you've replaced the old engine with a UK EP3 engine (K20A2). Or Jap EP3 and you replaced with K20A.

There's a method with the DC5 where you short the OBD ports with a pin and the engine management light will flash in a certain sequence depending on what fault is stored. I'm insure if EP3 has a similar way of shorting the OBD.

You'll need a diagnostics to read fault codes. OBD II I think EP3 is. Is your car a UK EP3 and you've replaced the old engine with a UK EP3 engine (K20A2). Or Jap EP3 and you replaced with K20A.

There's a method with the DC5 where you short the OBD ports with a pin and the engine management light will flash in a certain sequence depending on what fault is stored. I'm insure if EP3 has a similar way of shorting the OBD.
it is a uk car and engine replacement is uk k20a2 , i think i will have to take it in to be loked at , was trying to save some money as cost loads already its hard to get up to 6000 revs in higher gears without going on motorway, is it bad for engine to rev so high in 2nd and 3rd gear thanks

Back