• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

want louder exhaust but no rasp

i have an ep3 type r running standard cat and b-pipe and a magnex 5" slash cut backbox,its a really nice beefy deep bass sound but its not quite loud enough,if i put a unsilenced b-pipe will it result in that horrible raspy sound most tuned hondas have,i know a few people on here like the raspy sound but i hate it

Just buy a silenced stainless steel B-Pipe then if you want it louder

I think Magnex supply them individually too, failing that Scorpion definitely do and the exhaust flanges will be the same as OEM exhaust.

Just buy a silenced stainless steel B-Pipe then if you want it louder

I think Magnex supply them individually too, failing that Scorpion definitely do and the exhaust flanges will be the same as OEM exhaust.
surely that would sound the same as my standard b pipe

It will be louder due to the larger diameter of the B-Pipe which will be 2.5" instead of the OEM 2" B-Pipe

Sound would be deeper with this pipe, I have had no rasp at all when I was using this system.

It's normally the un-silenced B-Pipes that give it that raspy exhaust note, even when you couple one with the OEM backbox they sound really raspy!
Must admit I love a raspy system, i'm running a Spoon N1, Un-silenced Supersprint, 200 cell SC & Piper Manifold on my EP3 and it sounds really nice albeit pretty damn loud

It's normally the un-silenced B-Pipes that give it that raspy exhaust note, even when you couple one with the OEM backbox they sound really raspy!
Must admit I love a raspy system, i'm running a Spoon N1, Un-silenced Supersprint, 200 cell SC & Piper Manifold on my EP3 and it sounds really nice albeit pretty damn loud

I can't wait for my RBC, Toda and k100 to be fitted. with N1 and unsilenced. lol

Nice choice of modifications mate
Mines in at TDI north on June 19th - RBC (Port matched), 70mm throttle body & K100 :) cant wait

Yeah I know how you feel lol

I'm hoping for 240bhp when its all mapped which I think is achievable, anything above that will be a bonus

:) next year maybe a LSD & Stoptech's

Dont tempt me haha, yeah cams could be a possibility in the future

I opted for the Sports CAT rather than a De-cat mainly due to the MOT's and the noise levels.
Its already really loud so a de-cat would only make things worse for the neighbours lol

I do have the option of replacing the sports CAT though for the future, I think the Piper De-cat pipe is only £100 so I have that option if I ever want to change.

Yup! go for it! I went for Toda 421 then unsilenced and spoon N1.

With the spoon N1 and unsilenced it's already loud, so I can't imagine how loud it will be with the manifold. lol

Nice one! Toda is probably the best manifold out there for the EP3
Did you buy a new one or pick one up second hand?

Yours will be even louder than mine with your Toda, obviously its De-cat only with that header so that should sound immense! albeit very loud lol

I got it second hand mate, but going to wait for a long time to get it fitted and remap.

Yeah with a manifold of that calibre its essential to get it mapped at the same time to prevent it running like a dog

You should see some tasty figures when its mapped, especially coupled with the RBC

Yeah with a manifold of that calibre its essential to get it mapped at the same time to prevent it running like a dog

You should see some tasty figures when its mapped, especially coupled with the RBC

Hoping to get atleast 240 with them. :D

Back