• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Want something quiet, and cheap !

Hi all,

I currently got a DC 4-2-1 header, with BC spec 4 cat back.

This is too damn loud !

I had an idea of fitting a spoon midpipe with a standard backbox, then i thought about getting a supersprint mid pipe with standard backbox.

I think the standard backbox looks crap, what aftermarket one could i put on, which a) is quiet with a header, and b) isnt restrictive ??

Any ideas ?

ive got a DC sports manifold and spoon bpipe with standard backbox

its just right IMO, i had a spoon n1 on too but that was very loud indeed and woke the baby up at 5.30 every morning when i got it out of the garage!

Hi all,

This is too damn loud !

I had an idea of fitting a spoon midpipe with a standard backbox, then i thought about getting a supersprint mid pipe with standard backbox.

I think the standard backbox looks crap, what aftermarket one could i put on, which a) is quiet with a header, and b) isnt restrictive ??

Any ideas ?
I have the same & it sounds awesome especially in Vtec!

Loud exhausts are ghey! ;) Get a Supersprint silenced midpipe and use your standard rearbox.

But Supersprint silenced mid pipes aren't cheap.

RRP = £301.35 including vat

I'll sell one to you at £241.08 including vat with delivery at £10

I have 4 due to arrive with me today/tomorrow.

Won't this be restrictive?:confused:

Loud exhausts are ghey! ;) Get a Supersprint silenced midpipe and use your standard rearbox.

But Supersprint silenced mid pipes aren't cheap.

RRP = £301.35 including vat

I'll sell one to you at £241.08 including vat with delivery at £10

I have 4 due to arrive with me today/tomorrow.

I have the DC 4-2-1 mani and Fujitsubo RM01A catback and i would not say it is quiet. It is not too bad at low revs but give it some and it is loud. Gets a bit drowney on the m/way.

Hi all,

This is too damn loud !

Any ideas ?

I have the opposite problem. I just have the b c spec IV which is not loud enough. Is the DC 4-2-1 header legal will it pass an mot and emission test? how much louder is the car when driving about not in vtec? can you hear it in the car with the music on??

Toda catback is nice and quiet, had that with a Toda header and only once you really thrash it does the noise level really increase, even then 95% of the sound if from the induction side of things. There is very little difference between OEM mani and Race mani with that exhaust. Costs a small fortune though!

Back