• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Want to lower EP3, what EXTRA bits to change to freshen/tighten up car whilst at it?

Hey guys, I have a 2004 EP3 Type R and I want to lower it on Eibach/ABP 30mm springs, thats a definite.

I would like to do this as cheaply as poss without using rubbish parts however. I have a good mechanic who's hourly rate is very fair to me so I may as well take advantage.

I've just had my MOT yesterday and had a ball joint changed so when its in bits in November for lowering I'll have the other one done to match.

I understand I need camber arms (rear) and camber bolts (front) - can you recommend good makes which are cheaper than Eibach??

For good practise, this is the bit I need help with, I want to get loads of bits changed and wanted opinions on if people agree these parts are a good move and any other suggestions... I know some of it is inspection once in the air to see if they're knackered, but I am gonna change some anyway if the cost is reasonable, as I don't wanna pull everything to bits if I'm gonna pay for an FRSU once everythings fitted. Having just past it's MOT, the guys say bushes/shocks seem fine.

Gonna do the drivers ball joint to match passenger sides new one as it makes sense to do so.
Anti roll bar drop links?
Top mounts and bearings?
Track rod ends?
Shock dust boots or anything like that?
Bumpstops?

Any other suggestions or do people think the above may be overkill/not neccessary? I'm no mechanic but I want it right first time and to last too.

Now with these things having independant front and rear suspension, so I need to do the same to the back as the front? I.e. top mounts and bearings, drop links etc?

I have the slightest looseness feeling on the front drivers side over rough ground but no knocks so thinking thats ARB drop link?

As I say I can only take in the theory, I wouldn't touch my car with a spanner, so want the best understanding I can as I want to order the bits myself.

Appreciate any help and guidance on this one, cheers guys :)

A quick bump :) I guess by changing the lot I'm answering my own question...

But can you guys recommend cheaper options than Eibach for the camber arms and bolts to help me save cash? :D

You only need springs, camber bolts, adjustable rear arms and the frsu, it's up to you if you want to change everything you mentioned, It is good practise if you can afford to do all that do it just out of piece of mind, but if your on a budget don't change them unless you need to.

As for the cheaper stuff the bolts are only about £25 expect to pay around that mark, adjustable rear arms anywhere from £140 up, I haven't found any cheaper than around £140 but I would go for good stuff like Eibach because your paying for the quality. There are others D2, Skunk etc, I'm doing mine soon and going with Eibach. Shop around try cpl racing, funky power etc.

With the garage who is doing it for you make sure they are good especially with the geo for the frsu, ideally all your allignment etc should be checked when doing this.

I think you're right re: eibach, think I'll stick to their bits all round, as you say they're renowned for making good quality kit.

I'll do some shopping around, are there any other shops you recommend too, I'll check those two above :)

I'll ideally be getting my usual mechanic to fit it all then need to nurse it straight over elsewhere for alignment really, definitely want it all sorted within a couple of days whilst I'm off for a week in November :)

There are loads of other sites you could google ctr tuning, but there's torque developments, japspeed, eightspeed, jap performance parts, abp, tegiwa imports, literally loads, happy shopping search about for the cheapest, I found the cheapest to be the first two I gave you but you never know what deals other's may have.

Cheers mate appreciate that, will get searching and bookmarking, still never had the time to dig deep on parts sources for ep3's yet, mines been problem free thus far so aint had the need to, but be good to build a good database of suppliers for bits now it's time for the mods :)

Dim problem :) The cars are pretty good to be fair as long as you look after it, there are some places on here that could supply you too, look at the traders section, On main screen scroll down to the bottom look out for Grinspeed etc they'll be happy to help too.

Ta mate :) I have Tegiwa on my doorstep too, I've been checking some classifieds though and hopefully got some brand new Eibach Sportlines for a little saving, then it's a case of finding the camber adjustment bits on the cheaply cheap next :)

Yeah you can get some good deals in the classifieds always worth a look, good luck finding the rest, once it's done hold on tight :lol:

What do folks think of these? Good price and I've had a search on the forum but not being too successful, yet have found a few good ratings...

http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.php?make=HONDA&model=CIVIC&year=2001%2B+EP3+CIVIC+TYPE+R&level1=SUSPENSION+%26+STABILITY&level2=CAMBER+CORRECTION+KITS&level3=&id_product=4955

DME rear camber arms @ Funky Power for £100. This would help me save some cash and I don't do track days or drive hard, lowering is mainly for looks if I'm honest!

But obviously I don't want anything which will snap or bend like I am hearing with D2 stuff! Scary.

What do folks think of these? Good price and I've had a search on the forum but not being too successful, yet have found a few good ratings...

http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.php?make=HONDA&model=CIVIC&year=2001%2B+EP3+CIVIC+TYPE+R&level1=SUSPENSION+%26+STABILITY&level2=CAMBER+CORRECTION+KITS&level3=&id_product=4955

DME rear camber arms @ Funky Power for £100. This would help me save some cash and I don't do track days or drive hard, lowering is mainly for looks if I'm honest!

But obviously I don't want anything which will snap or bend like I am hearing with D2 stuff! Scary.

Yeah, don't get D2's I've also heard bad stories about them.

Why don't use eibach? pretty good, but abit expensive.

Yeah, don't get D2's I've also heard bad stories about them.

Why don't use eibach? pretty good, but abit expensive.

Literally trying not to spend too much... by the time they're fitted, new ball joints and bits and bobs plus FSRU it's gonna be around £600 spent lol... I aint that rich really so if the DME's do the job and are reliable then it's a definite consideration for 2/3rds the cost of the Eibach arms :)

That's cool mate, Grinspeed is using DME as their arms so you could ask them about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I've never heard of them so can't comment, I would pay an extra £35 and get the Eibach's but that's my opinion. Yeah D2's not good my friends bro got an itr bought it with D2 coilovers and he said their pants corroding and everything, he's ripping them off when he finally gets a new set. His teg is off the road at the mo because he don't like driving it with them on.

Who does Eibach's for 135 inc VAT? I aint seen them that cheap anywhere... would re-consider at that price :)

Sorry I just looked and was going to post the link to cpl racing but looked at the price that was ex vat, with vat they were £152.

If Grinspeed are using them on their cars they are probably half decent you'll find Grinspeed in the traders section you could mail them about the DME's but otherwise try them if there good happy days if your not happy with them you could sell them on and you'll probably get most of the money back then save a bit more for the Eibachs. I know what you mean about saving money, I'm tweaking mine on a budget and currently still saving to have the suspension, gubbings and frsu done in one go getting impatient though :lol:

Nice, are they anywhere near west mids? Thats very cheap!

EDIT, alas a little too far away from me.

Anyone else know anywhere local/west mids who're good/cheap?

I've tried getting a quote off of TI Motorsport (Tegiwa) as I'm a mile away but emails have gone ignored or aint been delivered, I need find the time to not be at work so I can go get a price! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back