• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Want to lower EP3, what EXTRA bits to change to freshen/tighten up car whilst at it?

Is it worth getting some spacers when lowering?

Ive just bought Eibach Pro's, and SPC camber arm/bolts :) cant wait to fit them and get FRSU

Think Centre Gravity are more warwickshire, quite a way off tamworth :) But they look an awesome outfit for alignment!

I'm not putting spacers on mine but I suppose it would help complete the look :)

I think I'll gamble the DME stuff.

My mechanic (has 2 CTR's too) has had my car in for oil change and checking loads of bits today inc suspension stuff and says the ball joints, drop links etc, bushes all look fine and have no play... so if anything springs up when it's getting lowered like top mounts at least I know I aint gotta change any other bits which is a relief as my hours have been slashed and I don't want to struggle to own this car really as so far it's been good to me :)

So will be getting lowered on 12th Nov :D

When lowering, buddy club roll centre adjusters may be a good idea to keep everything in line to where it was before lowering. Just a thought :)

Just had a look at those on Funkypower, interesting idea indeed! I don't really drive that hard on the twisties so I'll see how I go on at first but if I feel it rolls more then I will invest in a few months as they do seem a good addition.

Just skint at the mo, but nice one for the heads up on those, didn't know those existed!

I've had them done on mine, when I got shocks and and springs fitted to try and cut labour costs, then FRSU to finish it off

Hope that helps

Roll centre adjusters don't reduce body roll.

They realign the roll radius' centre point, reducing leverage on the steering axis, in turn reducing bump steer!

I spoke to Tom at TGM about these recently and apparently they are pretty pointless unless you are lowering by large amounts.

Hey guys.

Just wanted your opinion, nearly lowering time now but despite my mechanic saying all is good on the ball joints, drop links etc front... I really do feel over loose ground the front end feels a little bit detached and loose when you're pushing on.

Whats the most likely cause of this? It's only apparent on rougher roads, steering feels a bit lighter and the front end feels that bit looser.

Drop links perhaps?

keep off loose roads and stick to tarmac ones on a serious note abp aint far from you personally pay a bit more get eibach kit all round and frsu done by experts

Hey guys.

Just wanted your opinion, nearly lowering time now but despite my mechanic saying all is good on the ball joints, drop links etc front... I really do feel over loose ground the front end feels a little bit detached and loose when you're pushing on.

Whats the most likely cause of this? It's only apparent on rougher roads, steering feels a bit lighter and the front end feels that bit looser.

Drop links perhaps?

They sometimes feel that way ctr's are known for a kind of 'vague feel' when steering if that's what you mean or could be the fact it's a shity road, but you could change drop links, ball joints etc, just before or the same time you do your suspension upgrades. Out of piece you'll know they've been done and are fine but on the negative side it'll cost more bucks another decision you'll have to make. Personally I'd take it to whoever is doing the suspension for you, such as, ABP and ask them to double check if the drop links etc are o.k.

I think I will now be going to Area Motorsport as they're a bit cheaper and can do everything in FRSU in one hit for me. They've moved quite close to me now, even closer than ABP by a good 12 miles, every penny counts lol.

Area are gonna inspect my suspension and components for me first too FOC which is good :)

Yeah it's a little vague and loose, but the road which really highlighted it was aweful really, only a softly sprung car would feel decent ragging around on it lol.

Thanks chaps!

So it's now getting lowered, some knackered bushes, track rod end was dodgy on one side etc...

So we're on target with Eibach front camber bolts, DME rear arms, Eibach Sportline Springs, new track rod ends and a superpro polybush kit :D Then a FRSU! Taken it to Area Motorsport, real nice guys and they know their shizzle!

Hoping it drives as awesome as it sounds on paper once it's done tomorrow :)

Tidy, I bet you'll be clinging on for dear life once it's done :lol:. Let us know how you get on and post some pics too.

I will do, it should sit lovely :) I'm looking forward to it driving nice and tight again as it's got a bit loose feeling as I put above.

The cars ability will outshine mine so I'd like to go do a couple of steady track days next year methinks :)

lowered141112.jpg

All done on Eibach Sportlines and sits just nice for me, closed the arch gap up loads IMO. I used DME rear adjustable camber arms, Eibach front camber bolts, Superpro caster increase polybushes, some new track rod ends, fast road alignment setup and an empty wallet.

Sure it looks better but thats not the bit which makes me smile. I cannot describe how much better the car is to drive. Despite being lower it's smoother! It has minimal bodyroll and handles most corners effortlessly, rides lovely, feels tight and together and just drives ace now. No more looseness over rough ground. Can't describe the difference in the drive really!

Makes me love my car again :)

Looks really nice :) still settling in too. What ride height did you go for after? Any trouble with speed bumps etc?

It's approx 45 front 35 back according to Eibach (if I remember rightly! lol) but may settle more but it's spot on in the flesh. I didn't think the 15/20mm pro kit would look low enough for my tastes so this is spot on. I'd guess in real life this is more like 30mm rear, like the ABP/Eibach's, but 35mm front. A little bit lower than the ABP's.

Aint had chance to drive it far yet but I have speedbumps in my estate and no catching or anything as of yet, I've got a Magnex cat back system with an unsilenced B-pipe but luckily it sits up quite high in the middle so I should be pretty lucky!

It drives awesome though. I was hoping the looseness would be gone etc which of course it now is, but the whole drive is hugely improved :D

Cheers to everyone who posted with advice in here too :)

Back