• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 Warning to prospective FD2 owners!

The suspension is rock hard - I couldn't recommend it to anybody whose girlfriend wears anything larger than a C cup. My mum (who was wanting to buy my FD2 when I'd finished with it) couldn't drive it as she had to keep one hand on her chest. Quite painful she said. Must admit my moobs do take a pounding on a bumpy road. Perhaps a diet or a sports bra are in order!

J

Last edited by a moderator:
AST's make it much better...my friend came with me to buy mine, and she's a G-cup; she said it was better than my stock DC5.

The standard car made me want to hurl...

WTF? :confused:

Another internet urban myth begins :rolleyes:

I thought the (standard) one I drove was fine and actually rode quite well - I suppose it all depends on what you're used to...

I think the Standard car rides pretty well - better than the DC5 even - but it does have that feeling that it "moves as one" when being pushed - people seeing the car from the outside have commented on how it literally "bobs" over expansion seams etc at speed - it really is amazingly well set up.

Oh, Hi BTW! :)

Picked up a CW FD2 last week From Litcho :D

G x

Jeez, I hate to think what your idea of hard suspension is then Evs :D

"bobbing" at speed would make me wonder if the car was being unsettled by the bumps? If that's the case then it's definitely not doing its job?

Either that or the car I drove was an extremely poor example (which is possible given the amount of broken trim inside) - but it made my 5 seem like a limo in comparison.

Yes, for a 4 door sedan, this has got to be one of the hardest and bouncy factory setup around.

May have to do with getting use to it but I recently sat in a Lotus Exige and though well, I can live with it daily !!! (well, it is not a 4 door sedan)

"bobbing" at speed would make me wonder if the car was being unsettled by the bumps? If that's the case then it's definitely not doing its job?

It is so hooked up to the road it's incredible - and I've had many great handling cars. I think the "bobbing" is systemic of the car adjusting to the surface very quickly (like a real track car) and there being little in the way of slack - either from the suspension, the tyre walls and the exceptionally stiff chassic/body shell. It is hard, but not crashy unless you hit a nasty pothole or something - it just feels like nothing could unseat it.

:)
G x

As far as I can tell the car only seems to "bob" on uneven roads at constant speeds. On uneven roads under full acceleration and braking the car just seems to skim over anything and feels poised and balanced. This is a car that was truly designed for the track IMO.

The Buddyclub RSDs (10F/16R) I had on my DC5 a while ago would qualify - make a FD2 feel like a limo! :lol:

Ah, yes, I should have known! :D No wonder you were happy with it!

Thinking back, it was the bounce that was peeing me off, rather than the stiffness - which to me points the finger at the damping. :smt078

At the end of the day it's non-adjustable and Honda have to strike the line somewhere, which means that in some situations for some people it's not going to be quite right. For me, it doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, my comment was meant to be a joke. My sense of humour must be way off. I was expecting comments like "I noticed vick butler henerson didn't have any problems" or "I am more of a legs and arse man anyway" or just a LOL.

J

Prize for the first person to put a camera in the FD2 around track with a female passenger.

1045.jpg

Not too sure, ive always looked out for one.

I will PM the guy who i know has it in America. Think inlinefour.com do them, however i couldnt see them on their site. :lol:

WTF? :confused:

Another internet urban myth begins :rolleyes:

I thought the (standard) one I drove was fine and actually rode quite well - I suppose it all depends on what you're used to...
Couldn't agree more.

People go to buy a FOCUSED drivers car and then complain about the suspension. I mean WTF!!!

The OP should take a trip in my car, then he would see what hard suspension is.

Back