• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

water in petrol?

Hey Everyone,

What a poo week. No days off from work then this happens. Bear with me since I have a story.

Been filling up with Optimax.

Tank One was £25 last week and car ran fine.

Tank Two was £30 on Tuesday 20th June, and a couple of miles in the throttle response goes 'fluttery'. The car pulls cleanly then judders then sorts itself out then is fine for about ten miles then goes weak on me again. So, went on an investigative drive on Wednesday in which a little bit of non-responsive throttle occurs but not much. Have about £5 of Optimax left in the tank so went off to Asda and filled up with £10.

Back on the road and the car is fine on Wednesday night.

Thursday morning it takes two turns to fire up. Drive to work was fine. Thursday night drive back home was nightmare. Finished off the Asda petrol and went to Shell for normal UL. Went on a small drive and car is fine. Still took two turns on the key to fire up but no weak throttle response.

Today, Friday, the car took a long single start to fire and no slack responses whilst driving. From my little story what would one conclude?

1. Water in the £30 of Optimax?
2. Mis-fire? I had no CEL light come on though.
3. Fuel line blockage leading to intermittant starvation which cleared itself out?

4. Any other suggestions?

Any advice would be greatly apprieciated. I've lost a bit of confidence in the car since it was playing games as I was trying to tackle roundabouts and traffic lights.. :cry:

Back