• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Waterless Car wash? Any good?

Hi All,

Just booked my Japfest2 ticket, but I've been thinking about what my car is going to look like after 3 hours on the motorway.

Mate of mine mentioned a waterless car wash. Have any of you used these? I plan on washing the car completely the day before and then looking to use the waterless stuff when i arrive.
Anyone had any experience with waterless products? I know from the amount of stone chips i have, the Honda paintwork isn't exactly the strongest/thickest and im worried about wrecking the paintwork.

Anyone else got any tips on getting the car clean once there? I've got about 186 mile drive.

Cheers!

I would imagine you would be rubbing the dirt into the paint work and leaving swirl marks

I did worry about it potentially just rubbing dirt around and scratching the paintwork.

Thanks dazzawest, i'll have a look at that!

It's somthing that I think everyone is concerned about when considering ONR but it gets great reviews and the video in that thread gives you a really good guide on how to use it.

I have to say watching the video i am not convinced by this water less washing system. After the mit was used for the first wash, and micro fibre cloth for the 2nd the micro cloth was still showing dirt that the mit was supposed to get off! reminds me of using wet n dry sand paper. a lubricated gritty mit is not convincing me at all.

Hi Vapor,

I used the Meguires waterless wash and the quick detailer at Japfest2 on the stand and i couldn't recommend it enough. I dont think its a solid replacement for a saturday bucket and sponge, but its touches everything up nicely when arriving at a show.

Cheers,

GG

Back