• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Weird Kpro issue

My response was based on:

:)

Anyway. Back to the original post, EML light gone now mate?

EML light gone.
The map I a running is the Factory Standard map (so Hondata call it).
The car is near standard, so it is ideal.
Cold air maps just didn't work for me.
This sounds like this is a standard generic map for a standard car.
I can understand why it is important to get it mapped, but I cannot see the harm caused by running a standard car with a factory kal (for a factory standard car).
I will be mapping in the summer, as my mods list isn't huge.
I'm not a purist power person, just too old for that now. Just want the car to drive nicer, and if it is quicker, hey that's a bonus!

I'd personally get it checked for AF readings at the very least.

There is no hondata 'factory' map, just a best guess attempt.

It 'should' be fine, but for peace of Mind and to be sure....

I think I will do that.
May takes some data logs to see exactly where it is. :)
A job for next week.

so its running fine now? not lumpy and no eml?

did you change ecu type and save it when you uploaded the other maps? usually dont run right when wrong ecu type.

Well what else could It be?

You can't get the factory map out of the oem ecu, so anything claiming to be factory can only be a best guess as near to it as possible.

so its running fine now? not lumpy and no eml?

did you change ecu type and save it when you uploaded the other maps? usually dont run right when wrong ecu type.

Running fine with factory map.
With the cold air map, I changed the ECU type as per instructions, but it just didn't suit that car. Neither did the European CTR cold air map. These are the default maps on K-Manager too.

Working now. Let's see what happens.…

Back