• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Weird noise when driving off.

Hi all. I'm not sure if this is a fault or whether its down to the cold weather, but was wondering if you can help me identify a noise, as its the first winter having the car and its bugging me somewhat. The past 2 weeks I've gone to start the car cold and when you lift off on the clutch and drive off there seems to be an odd noise from the engine area, which I can only describe as sounding like Airwolf!? To be honest its an odd kind of whine. Its only for a brief second, and may happen once again when I pull off. After the car has warmed up it goes totally? I can remember a similar thing happening on a mk2 fiesta I had and I think it was some sort of hose that needed fixing. Also, I haven't been using the car as much lately and noticed the battery seems a bit drained so could this be related to it as I remember having the heater on this morning when it did it, and maybe it was that? Any ideas??

mine too! removed the plastic cover was a li'll better presume its just an exhaust heat shield or something been like that since i got it prob still be like that next year too lol :lol:

I had this too on my 54 plate CTR.
Whilst it was in warranty the Stealer changed 3 clutches and 2 flywheels still to no avail.
Now the warranties up I'm just going to leave it.
As a consequence my 66000 mile CTR has a clutch that's only done 22000 miles!
Motto is if it's still in warrany send it back time and time again.

Back