• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

weird noise

hey guys

about 3 weeks ago i had my car lowered at TGM using eibach pro springs and im very happy with them
icon_biggrin.gif

while on the drive back i had what i thought was a slight droning noise coming from the rear offside. but thought nothing more of it as it went away.

i have just sent of my wheels for a refurb and currently rolling arouind on 17" CTR wheels,

now the droning has got slightly louder and i beleive to be coming from the front off side. it seems to be a droning which is consistent with 1 full revolution of a wheel.

im pretty sure its the bearing that has gone but could it be anything else. could something linked to the suspension make the same noise or even the breaks??

i think its purely coincidental that the noise has appeared after lowering,

am i right in thinking its the bearing

its most apparent at between 30-40 at constant speed and also at 70-80

at 30 mph its a drone/rumble and i think its coming front off side. i swear the other day it was from the rear off side
icon_confused.gif

its the same noise wether its a straight line, turning right or turning left
icon_wink.gif

if i speed up to 40 mph its the same noise only more frequent ( more repetitive ) and louder too. it seems to get louder the faster i go

collectively we sure its not the breaks or anything to do with the suspension?? car handles very well with no slack and instant response.

its jut the noise that doing my head in
icon_eek.gif

It could be a bearing fella, but worth checking your tyre wear, it may be a bit soon but my Yokos wore in an odd pattern on the inside causing a step in the tread blocks on the edge, this made an odd road noise that drove me nuts till Hasnic on here pointed the wear out when he went to take my car to have new tyres put on (long story). The wear was due to the camber I was running at the time. May be worth looking to discount that. What tyres you running?

It could be a bearing fella, but worth checking your tyre wear, it may be a bit soon but my Yokos wore in an odd pattern on the inside causing a step in the tread blocks on the edge, this made an odd road noise that drove me nuts till Hasnic on here pointed the wear out when he went to take my car to have new tyres put on (long story). The wear was due to the camber I was running at the time. May be worth looking to discount that. What tyres you running?
Funny, i had the exact same problem on my CTR but on the outside edge with standard suspension and the standard bridgestones. Didn't notice it until the rear tyres were put on the front and they were noisy (droning) as fook! Had a rear suspension arm replaced under warranty for that but it never made any difference....

;) ;) hmm thats a interesting point!!!

i guess its possible. when the car was first done it was on OEM 16" with RE01's all around. i found the noise to be coming from the off side rear

ive recently sent the wheels away for a refurb and its currently on 17" CTR wheels on OEM RE040. with these wheels the noise is def coming from the off side front not rear

ill see what happens when i get my wheels back and see is the noise moves again.

hopefully its something as simple as tires. i know wheel bearig car go at any time but i expect them to last more than 30k ;)

Mine have done 110.000 and still going strong... so far

Back