• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Weld in plate for around handbrake cables?

Hi, just doing a bit of rust prevention on the underneath of my ep3 and it appears that over the few years of me yanking the handbrake on tight so it wouldn’t roll down the hill has ended up ripping the metal slightly on the underneath where the handbrake cables go from the inside of the car to the outside. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any weld in plates that are shaped correctly for the area or of any other ideas. Thanks

Best to just make your own plate with the 2 holes cut out and weld it in place. Other option is to try and build up the metal with welds and buff to shape. It's a bit fiddly and the metal there is so thin to start with.

Best to just make your own plate with the 2 holes cut out and weld it in place. Other option is to try and build up the metal with welds and buff to shape. It's a bit fiddly and the metal there is so thin to start with.
Wish I could but to be honest I don’t have the skill for that really, ideally was after something that fit all the shapes of the body down there

Back