• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

weld or bolt in roll cages

I've finally decided to buy a roll cage for my ep3 type r track car, I have been looking for a second hand one but had no joy
I don't no nothing much about them, can anyone give me some advice as to what I need to be asking,

I have the option for bolt in or welded in? I know weld is stronger but it cant be taken out its more expensive and they said the car inside would need painting in some parts, are bolt in ones ok?

he said I can have a 6pt bolt in, door bars, rear diag, harness bar, dash bar plus options extras (not knowing what they are) fully fitted and painted red for £695 my car is already ripped out so that will save them some time, it sounds a good deal to me does it you?

any questions you think I need to ask would be appreciated ie what metal are you using (I don't no what's best?)

Thanks
Lee

Well it boils down to why you want a cage...

If you need it to join a race series your requirements will be different than if it's just for show.

I'm not 100% on the subject but I think some Trackdays only allow FIA approved cages or no cages at all. It's best to do your research if you're going on any tracks at all with a cage.

I have been on about 10 track days already that's the reason I bought the car, im not joining any race series but I do want a bit more protection on the tracks I think bolt in maybe the way forward for me, a cage is better than none I guess

As per hazz. Bolt ins won't be aloud for a race series.

Also remember the 'ring won't allow cats with door bars on in public sessions.

Cars. Cars with door bars above a certain height will not be allowed on to public sessions and will have to attend the more testing and shakedown style sessions.

Back