• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wet and Dry your headlights

hi

on my ctr my head lights are dull and scratched and generally looking s**t can you wet and dry the lenses to bring them back up to former glory or is being new ones the only option

thanks

terry

I used a orbital polisher and meguiares Plast-RX on mine and they come up like new, keep them polished and they will stay looking fresh.

regards
Baz

You can use different grades of wet and dry paper, depending on how bad they are. Start with a fine one to see how much work you need to do and keep the surface wet while you do.

Finish it off with a rotary and a polishing compound and they'll come up like new :)

If you don't have a rotary, then it's elbow grease time ;)

You can get headlight wet&dry repair sanding kits with the polish from halfords nowadays.
Meguiars and Turtle Wax ones - I saw them last weekend.

As said above, the megs plast Rx is good by machine.
Worth putting a good optical grade UV stable sealant on the lenses afterwards to keep them clean and protected.

If they are plastic lenses and have a UV stable coating to them, too much sanding will remove this coating and they may in a few months deteriorate again.
Hence the UV sealant.

If you can get away without wet & drying them, then all the better.
At the end of the day, if you have to polish them up every 3-6 months its better than shelling out a few hundred quid for new lenses.

Try the Meguiars plast rx first, it could save you a bit of money. Mine where looking dull and had oxidation etc, so I tried this and it made a huge difference. Don't get me wrong under close inspection you can still see some marks but I did it by hand which is hard work! I'm sure another going over and it will be top notch.

Back