• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What are the tell tale signs

As above, what are the signs that your steering rack is on its way out?

I'm disgusted by the way my car is handling at the moment. It's actually dangerous!! Very little feedback. When entering a corner i turn the wheel accordingly, but then have to correct it mid way through. Feels very floaty if that makes sense!!
Any help appreciated

Thanks

i have the non self centering effect on mine,wont go straight without always making small corrections,unstable at higher speeds etc.

i am pretty sure the above is signs of it going bad.

sadly i have not found anyone that repairs it and think only option is a new one from honda :( :( :(

Ryan there's a company throughout Scotland called dingbro ( unsure of anywhere else )
I had got. Bentley steering rack refurbed from them so it might be worth a shot but I can't guarantee it mate.

Yeah Jamie I use them on a regular basis. I'm up in Scotland. Cool I'll check it out. I've actually got a facelift steering rack in my garage, so I think I'll change it over!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

It might just be the pre-facelift steering rack. Every pre I've driven has felt pretty vague compared to the facelifts.

I'd say it's definitely worth swapping them over.

Should of swapped it when the engine was out!! Don't know why I never!!
I'm outside Glasgow

Jamie you don't by any chance work at Prestwick airport?

as it goes,mine is a 2004 pre face..i am sure teh rack is gone :(

if you get any luck with a refurb place ryan gimme a shout ;)

i am in glasgow too ;)

Lol my mate works in there. Greg milne.
Just put two and two together with your profile pic and location.

Lol I see.
Don't know him, ( place is huge ) and I'm not long in there mate.
He doesn't drive a dc5 by any chance?

Back