• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What are they worth?

Some other clubs do 'agreed valuations' for insurance purposes. I know there ar some Type 'R's that are worth far more than 'book price'. I can imagine a situation where someone has spend £5 / £6k on modding and then it gets wrecked and they one get a couple of grand for it.

I've been watching ATR prices recently and it seems that the main critetia over anything else is condition. A really good 'T' plate can be worth £5.5k and a shabby '52' plate can be under £3k - Mileage doesn't even seem to matter:eek:

Leaves me in a bit of a dilema. I paid a shade over £4k for mine a couple of tyears ago and have done about 20,000 miles but have also put on a typhoon and changed the belts, discs, fuel and brake lines.. basically made it a better can than it was 2 years ago BUT it is worth £4k? I doubt it but when I sell in the new year I want to get a good price which both me and the buyer are happy with (obviously)

I'd like to know what people have spent on their cars compared to what they are insured for...

My old mr2 had a agreed value on it car was worth book price of about £2-2500 but i had a agreed value with the insurance company of £8k allthough doubt if the worst would of happened that i would of got £8k

Last edited by a moderator:
hi ia am just wondering what my cars worth i have bought a cat c ctr on a 05 plate 30.000 on the clock it cost me £3550 about £400 on parts and £1300 on repair do you think i would get my money back if i sold it... Thanks Sham

hi ia am just wondering what my cars worth i have bought a cat c ctr on a 05 plate 30.000 on the clock it cost me £3550 about £400 on parts and £1300 on repair do you think i would get my money back if i sold it... Thanks Sham

Hmmm £5250 is cheap for an 05 CTR but a little high as a Cat C shunt. People tend to shy away from Cat C write offs. I think you'd be lucky to get that even for a Cat 'D' Why not just keep it and enjoy it? :D

I spent nearly 9k on modding my car last year if I was to sell it as it is I would probably have to right off around 8k of what I spent last year.
All my mods are detailed with my insurer if I have the car stolen or destroyed then the insurer pays the book price but if its repairable damage then its like for like.

Back