• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What b-pipe for a Spoon N1?

I have just purchased and fitted a Spoon N1 and replaced by 6x4 magnex back box. The N1 is mated to the magnex b-pipe and it sounds great.

I have a option of getting a b-pipe without a silencer for next to nothing. This is a larger bore than the magnex b-pipe (with silencer) that i currently have and would mate up with the spoon and its bore size very nicely.

But will it be too loud and will it be too deep - I like the raspy sound of the spoon and the over-run noise when you back off?

I drive 50 odd miles a day and don't want tinitous esp if the exhaust is going to drone at 60mph.

Or should I be a complete Spoon whore and go for a b-pipe - i assume the bore size is bigger than the magnex but also benefits from having a silencer?

BTW I am not planning any changes for the manifold or de-catting so this will be it for a few years.

Sound clips would be extremely useful.

Cheers guys

I used to have a Spoon N1 back box mated to a straight through B pipe which was made by ABP.

It was the original ABP Magnex setup but I bolted the Spoon on and had a serious sound!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Car alarms were often a problem though, especially when I used to go to work at 0130 6 days a week. :shock: :twisted: :lol:

Scousefella said:
I used to have a Spoon N1 back box mated to a straight through B pipe which was made by ABP.

It was the original ABP Magnex setup but I bolted the Spoon on and had a serious sound!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Car alarms were often a problem though, especially when I used to go to work at 0130 6 days a week. :shock: :twisted: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've got a DC Sports 4-2-1 Racxe manifold (decats) with a supersprint unsilenced B-pipe and magnex twin 3".

That throws some serious sound out when you press on.

I went the same route as you...

Magenx cat-back, then Spoon N1 with the magnex b-pipe, and the finally the Spoon b-pipe.

I can promise that the swap from Magnex to Spoon b-pipe is worth it.

I was gobsmacked as I didn't expect much change, but the sound is better, and, 'cleaner', for want of a better word with the Spoon b-pipe. You don't seem to get the full Spoon scream with the Magnex b-pipe. I guess it's because it's the same bore throughout.

It's plenty loud enough when you're giving it some beans, but on a m-way cruise it's only slightly louder than stock until you put your foot down :twisted:

Andy_CTR said:

Magenx cat-back, then Spoon N1 with the magnex b-pipe, and the finally the Spoon b-pipe.

I was gobsmacked as I didn't expect much change, but the sound is better, and, 'cleaner', for want of a better word with the Spoon b-pipe. You don't seem to get the full Spoon scream with the Magnex b-pipe. I guess it's because it's the same bore throughout.

It's plenty loud enough when you're giving it some beans, but on a m-way cruise it's only slightly louder than stock until you put your foot down :twisted:

Thanks for that. :) Think it'llbe the Spoon b-pipe option for me. :twisted:

simhoward said:
Andy_CTR said:

Supersprint Unsilenced B-Pipe is better :twisted:

Ultim8_Evil said:
simhoward said:
Andy_CTR said:

Dont doubt that will sound evil :twisted: but for what I use my car for and what noise I want I think it will be too loud to go unsilenced

simhoward said:
Ultim8_Evil said:
simhoward said:
Andy_CTR said:

Dont doubt that will sound evil :twisted: but for what I use my car for and what noise I want I think it will be too loud to go unsilenced

It's not too bad really. No-one's ever commented until the Yorkshire meet.

OK, it screams when you're pressing-on, but it you're just tootling round, droppin it into 5th or 6th kills the noise.

simhoward said:
I have just purchased and fitted a Spoon N1 and replaced by 6x4 magnex back box. The N1 is mated to the magnex b-pipe and it sounds great.

I have a option of getting a b-pipe without a silencer for next to nothing. This is a larger bore than the magnex b-pipe (with silencer) that i currently have and would mate up with the spoon and its bore size very nicely.

But will it be too loud and will it be too deep - I like the raspy sound of the spoon and the over-run noise when you back off?

I drive 50 odd miles a day and don't want tinitous esp if the exhaust is going to drone at 60mph.

Or should I be a complete Spoon whore and go for a b-pipe - i assume the bore size is bigger than the magnex but also benefits from having a silencer?

BTW I am not planning any changes for the manifold or de-catting so this will be it for a few years.

Cheers guys

think the b pipe will be ideal for you.

i run the spoon with the abp unsilenced mid pipe and its quite a loud deep sound. only get the rasps when the system is cold.
it is as loud as my previous buddy club III :D

how much is the spoon b pipe ?

bunnykins said:
simhoward said:

Cheers guys

think the b pipe will be ideal for you.

i run the spoon with the abp unsilenced mid pipe and its quite a loud deep sound. only get the rasps when the system is cold.
it is as loud as my previous buddy club III :D

how much is the spoon b pipe ?

Spoon B Pipe is on and the pops on overrun bring a smile to my face. It certainly makes the exhaust note a little deeper. It is much louder when cold and hope it rasps more when it cokes up a bit. :twisted:

It cost me £280 delivered from Funky Power but i had to get the bolt holes modified. If you can wait email Tom at TGM, he will do the modifying for free and add you to the list when he next gets stock (end of this week iirc).

Completely different animal to the Magnex, which I still think is a good system for subtle noise and looks.

A pat on the back to all those you who recommended the Spoon - cheers for the video clip dotty :D

Back