• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What Brakes and Discs?

The discs are the same size ( 300 x 25mm ), they just have a different offset.

You'll need new brackets if you want to change the discs to anything other than 300mm.

ive just bought some ferodo 2500,'s. will I be alright without the oem shims?
DS2500s only squeal when they aren't bedded in properly and aren't fitted with the OEM pad shims.

EBC aren't rated on Type Rs, weak pad and you hardly ever see positive feedback.

I have a set of EP3 OEM front shims for sale if you're worried. I'm 99.9% sure the brakes in the two are the same, I'm sure Loxy will correct me if I'm wrong. I just want rid tbh, make me a sensible offer and they're yours.

no idea on price mate. all I know is Honda front pads with shims etc are £47. don't know if you can buy these shims separate at all.

Found my old for sale thread, listed them as £10 posted. You can get the shims separately from Honda, I paid about £15 for the pair.

are there any special things to do when buying on this site? or is it a case of a pm between buyer and seller.

are there any special things to do when buying on this site? or is it a case of a pm between buyer and seller.
According to the rules of the forum (the last I remember), R35735 shouldn't be able to sell to you due to the post count. What you guys decide to do via PM is up to you however, just don't come crying to the mods if something goes wrong. Jack (R35735) is a trustworthy guy, though.

I presume there are 4 shims?

I've dug them out of the garage. There's 2 in the pack - when I went to Honda and moaned about having squealy front brakes, this is what they sold me to fix it. I honestly couldn't tell you if you need 4, I just took the parts bloke at his word and ordered them.

In all honesty, I don't know enough about brakes to give you a proper answer about how many you need. The part number on the bag is 06455-S2A-000 - if you are able to find out any more from someone who knows more than me then that's awesome.

According to the rules of the forum (the last I remember), R35735 shouldn't be able to sell to you due to the post count. What you guys decide to do via PM is up to you however, just don't come crying to the mods if something goes wrong. Jack (R35735) is a trustworthy guy, though.

f6aeae12c0358a46ae3afa7a3060b375.jpg

But seriously, if you do want them just fire me a PM. You'll probably get a quicker response that way too. Also, if you do want them, it would be awesome to know by tomorrow as I'm off to the post office anyway!

:D
I was say I wouldn't trust you with a barge pole but I don't know if chrisg would take it seriously or not.

ill have the shims off you £10? have you got paypal ? pm me your details if you have .friends and family? thanks chris

Back