• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What coilovers

Andyd had a set of Ohlins iirc Anouar, dunno if he still has the car or the suspension, but Ohlins don't make shiz ;)

Ohlins is sooooooooo expensive mate... I might just get the Eiback ones, they are good quality, and pretty simple. Tom is looking at some new fancy ones, but we dunno when they'll have kit for us to test.

I'm looking at some UK/EURO based brand. I don't wanna have part issue if anything goes wrong...

Just browsing earlier I saw all these

Eibach Pro-Street-S Stainless Steel Coilovers
http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?id=446112

COBRA / EVO III COILOVER KITS
http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?id=169020

BILSTEIN / B16 'PSS9' COILOVER SUSPENSION KITS
http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?id=392905

BILSTEIN / B14 'PSS' COILOVER SUSPENSION KITS
http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?id=392912

AST dampers
http://www.astsuspensionuk.com/content.asp?cat=000001

Dont let G see this, he'll write a 4 page on how good AST are :D

AST seem really good, just depends on your price range :)

You rang Rich :D.....

Yep AST for the win. Check my car in members rides for a we review and pics of them going on.

I have had them now for a while and cannot get over how good they are. They are just perfect for our UK roads, unlike a lo tof Japanese set ups are not over firm or damped having good compliency. They are also designed specifically ground up for the EP3, not reworking of existing units. Taking into account the extra loads that go through the front units due to the EP's design of the front chassis/steering components. They have thicker tubes and are inverted at the front too.

When ordering you can specify your needs and they will make them with whatever spring rates you desire at no extra cost, also the UK importer powerstation will do any maintenece work/servicing you may need. Though looking at how rugged they are I am not anticipating needing that too soon :D

As for the drive, well I am now used to them and though I still have not changed the settings; they are still on setting '5' (adjustable 1-12, 12 being firmest), as they seem just about spot on. They do not crash over bumps, yet are still firm and the car flows over the road. I commute 80 miles a day and they are easy to live with. Yet when I hit the twisties they firm up nice and progressive with minimal body roll.

Whe Powerstation fit them they also adjusted the geometry according to my driving needs. All in all I would have them again no question.

As for cost they come to around a grand (and they will fit em and set em up (springs of your choice, for around 1400, but they are top quality kit, with a good motorsport rep. They can be found on many an EP3 and DC5 in Europe competing in various events. I am glad I did not just go for the usual Branded Japanese components, fine though they are, I just feel these are better suited to our conditions over here. Oh and if I was running your kind of power, compromise would not be an option :D

If I were to go for another type it would be Bilstein.

There ya go Rich, hope that was not over the top :D :D

Not at all G, just annoyed as you made me want some :lol:

Dont you ever give me a lift in your car, otherwise i'll be in contact with powerstation :( Hehe :D

Pop over and you can take her for a spin, see for yourself.

*IF* you ever sell them, keep me in mind fella.

I'd love to go for a spin in yours sometime :)

I heard some good news about mine yesterday, will send you a pm :D

Think im still going for the HKS as there meant to be awesome. But if i dont, i might look into the AST's. Depends if they want to do me a deal on supplying/fitting/setting up :D

Would not sell em for all the tea in China me old mucka. :D And I have told you what my thoughts on the HKS would be :D. Do not base your choice on possible discounts but base it on your needs, type of driving and future spec of the car.

The Bilsteins would have been my second choice, good kit. My Publisher at work has a set on his Audi S4 and they work really well.

I had Buddy Club coilovers fitted for a short time on my CTR before I suddenly decided I had enough of the car and wanted rid of it. They weren't properly setup as I was supposed to go back to System-R for Mark to tweak them for me once I had used the car for a bit, so maybe I cannot give them a proper rating. But I'll tell you this, they were firm, and I mean firm on the setting that I used them on.
Having read G's write up, and know a few guys on ScoobyNet who are using AST's on their Scoobs I would probebly give them my vote as they do seem more suited to our roads. Litcho fits them to the £40,000 Type-25 so they can't be bad.

I'd go for Bilstein's I reckon. That said I've had zero issues with my Tein coilovers, which are a nice comprise for fast road use I reckon. :)

anyone knows of a good Bilstein support garage? I just wanna make sure I get the right after market support if I get these.
They seem to be the one that goes on big Porsches too. That must be a sign of good quality!

G, you got the AST Sport Line 1, don't you?

No m8, the Kit for the EP3 is a hybrid between the two systems. Normaly the sportline does not come with inverted front tubesm however due to the nature of the EP front end as I said these have been designed specifically to withstand the loads that go through them. I think they may even be slightly cheaper than the Bilies. And though I rate the Bilsteins a lot I like the comfort of knowing I have the full support of Powerstation behind them, and they can rebuild, set up and do whatever else you need. I know I am sounding their prases but for good reason. Call em up and ask for Curtis he knows his shizzle, and as a bonus set up Litchfields Time Attack Scooby, and is familiar with CTRs and Tegs etc etc.

Check the pic out of mine to compare with the ones on their website:

ynxdog.jpg

Note the front adjustment is on the bottom of the fronts, the Locking ring for ridehight is a single ring that is locked with an allen nut so should help to avoid that frozen locking ring thing from happening.

Oh and remember unlike most off the shelf set ups you can specify your spring rates etc.

And no I am not on commision, but bloody well should be :D

I will in the near future be slapping a set of thes eon the wifes Scooby (Ironically replacing the Bilies it came with).

Back